GUE Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc once bubbled...
[BGuys and Gals... I won't even bother to go into my "Only idiots smoke" speech.[/B]

That's good Pete. It saves me from having to do the old "fat people are crappy divers" routine in order to return the insult.

Tom

I have to agree with
old "fat people are crappy divers"
and while I can't get any younger, I am going to the gym most every day. I have gotten rid of 30 lbs so far this year and need to oust another 60 to 70 before I will feel good about me. It took me many years to sculpt this body, I reckon it's gonna take a few more to get it back into shape. That's OK, I am committed to it whether I dive or not.

But I wonder... we aren't saying that smoking is smart are we?

NetDoc once bubbled...
But I wonder... we aren't saying that smoking is smart are we?

Nope, we sure aren't. What we are saying is that we all have our shortcomings and most of us appreciate it when things are put just an RCH more diplomatically, possibly avoiding terms like "idiot" and "fat".

Tom

idiot = "cerebrally challenged" and fat = "horizontally challenged"? God I hate the PC movement..

A large addition was being added to the convent one summer. One sister was completely appalled at the language of the workers and went to the Mother Superior to voice her concerns.

"My dear sister" assured the Mother Superior," these men are accustomed to calling a spade, a spade"

"Oh no," redacted the sister "he called it a $%#$* shovel!"

Wreckwriter, I do agree that we all have our shortcomings, and I have more than most. We also have our hot buttons, and well smoking is one of mine. Not your problem I know, and I will endeavor in the future to be more diplomatic about something I think is repulsive and contra-indicated for having a great life.

But I am glad that you don't think it's smart... :tease:

BTW, you can't "lose" fat, you must forcibly evict it!

something I think is repulsive and contra-indicated for having a great life.
IMHO, I don't see the difference between addiction to food (or revulsion to exercise) and addiction to cigarettes. There is plenty of evidence that cigarette smoking is bad...and it doesn't make sense in a sport where lung function is critical to survival. That being said, there is also a good bit of evidence that fat is less perfused than lean tissue and doesn't offgas as well. GI3 actually calls skin bends "slobitus"... Not to mention the underlying cardio issues and general effects on quality of life.

I can't see persecuting one group without the other...everyone has their faults. I read the section on fitness in the DIRF manual and I can't compare to their "advanced" standard of fitness...what is GUE's stance on "people of size"?

NetDoc once bubbled...
We also have our hot buttons, and well smoking is one of mine.

Its one of mine also. I know its a problem, I know its stupid, I don't need to told so any more often than I already am. I trying to do something about it but can only do so in my own way at my own pace or I'll certainly fail again.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Its one of mine also. I know its a problem, I know its stupid, I don't need to told so any more often than I already am. I trying to do something about it but can only do so in my own way at my own pace or I'll certainly fail again.

Tom
Just wait until JJ gives it the ok and get yourself a good can of worm dirt...at least people will be less likely to interrupt your pleasure dives with S-drills :wink:

O-ring once bubbled...
I read the section on fitness in the DIRF manual and I can't compare to their "advanced" standard of fitness...what is GUE's stance on "people of size"?

Based on what I've seen there doesn't appear to be one. I think maybe that's another of those things that would be, "too high of an entry barrier", which would be a problem of the profitability sort.

Think about it folks, if it wasn't for that they probably wouldn't accept people would eat meat. How many of you would "meet" that standard? :)

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom