GUE Videos - Frog Kick, Backwards Kick... Those aren't SP Jets...no way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nickjb once bubbled...
I did try that but I can't find them. I'm on the network at work so maybe it is doing something silly with the files. It does seem to be caching them.

Search your computer for any files created in the last day. It probably won't have a filename that makes any sense, just a cached index number with the extention. Look at the list of files created in the last day in what appears to be temporary folders with sizes that would be around the size of a video....

I still have nothing. Our system is pretty screwy here. I often can't view websites and lose cached data.

Maybe I'll have to do it at home.

While we're on the topic. Does anyone know the exact measurements of the foot pockets on the extra large SP Jets and the IDI Turtles. Both of my LDS do not stock either of them but can get them by special order. Which means that I have to buy them. I have the standard huge rubber boots on my dry suit in a size 10 US.

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
While we're on the topic. Does anyone know the exact measurements of the foot pockets on the extra large SP Jets and the IDI Turtles. Both of my LDS do not stock either of them but can get them by special order. Which means that I have to buy them. I have the standard huge rubber boots on my dry suit in a size 10 US.
...but I posted these side by side pics a while back that may help you figure it out if you have one or the other of them lying around.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=166453&highlight=turtles#post166453

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
I have the standard huge rubber boots on my dry suit in a size 10 US.
I have attached rubber boots, size 12, on my drysuit, and the Turtles footpocket is too wide at the toes - the fin is not snug at all, and when I was diving with them, they felt like they were a pair of clown shoes. I imagine it would be worse with smaller size 10 boots.

I have the boots shown in the far right photo in this link:

http://www.drysuitsplus.com/boots.htm

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I have attached rubber boots, size 12, on my drysuit, and the Turtles footpocket is too wide at the toes - the fin is not snug at all, and when I was diving with them, they felt like they were a pair of clown shoes. I imagine it would be worse with smaller size 10 boots.

I have the boots shown in the far right photo in this link:

http://www.drysuitsplus.com/boots.htm
Do XL jets fit? I have size 11 DUI rockboots and the turtles are a perfect fit...

O-ring once bubbled...

Do XL jets fit? I have size 11 DUI rockboots and the turtles are a perfect fit...
Tried them on in a dive shop - can't slip the boot far enough into the fin - feels like it's only your toes in the fin. The boot seems to fall in the size between XL Jets and Turtles.

I tried the suit on again last night with the Turtles, just to convince myself again that they're too large. They were.

I'm keeping an eye out for some ScubaPro Razor fins - their new blade fin. It has a foot pocket similar to a Twin Jet (the sole of the foot pocket is longer than the top, so they fit the boots much better), and they have the same pin style of strap attachment that will take a commercial spring strap. Need to find some to try on, but being a new model, I haven't seen them in the shops yet.

I have the built in boots on my Andy's (size 10 I think) and while they worked with the XL Jets the size 10 Rockboots of my DUI did not...

...so I bought a pair of Turtles.

The Turtles worked great with the Rockboots but felt sloppy with the built in boots on the Andy's... for the first few dives... then I made some spring straps... (with heavier gauge spring than the ones I had on the Jets) and now all is well.

A side benefit of using the Turtles with my Andy's has emerged:
The Jets fit so tight at the sides that they were threatening to wear holes in the boots! The Turtles' extra width seems to be much easier on the boots.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I have the built in boots on my Andy's (size 10 I think) and while they worked with the XL Jets the size 10 Rockboots of my DUI did not...

...so I bought a pair of Turtles.

The Turtles worked great with the Rockboots but felt sloppy with the built in boots on the Andy's... for the first few dives... then I made some spring straps... (with heavier gauge spring than the ones I had on the jets) and now all is well.

A side benefit of using the Turtles with my Andy's has emerged:
The Jets fit so tight at the sides that they were threatening to wear a hole in the boots! The Turtles extra width seems to be much easier on the boots.

What size Turtles do you use Pug? Do they even come in sizes or just "huge"?

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom