Guess What Came In The Mail TODAY????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my G10 out to some sink holes on our cavern dive. Took some above water shots.... so far, I LOVE THIS CAMERA! Can't wait to get it underwater.

I decided to wait for the G10 a few months ago and finally picked one up yesterday. I have just taken a few photos, but I love the feel, and not needing to carry the 5D around. Need to get some more dives in before I think about taking the camera underwater, though :wink:

I'm pretty impressed that Canon seems to have managed to make a camera that's an improvement to the G9 in all ways, though! (Well, CMOS would have been nice, but it's not like things got worse in the sensor department, from what I understand.)

That's good to hear....but I think I will get a spare battery for back up.

I can easily do a days diving on my G9 on a single charge. Recently in Palau I forgot to charge it overnight and it died during the night dive on my 2nd day, so during the 10th dive.

I think you can comfortably get 100-150 shots out of a single battery charge, and probably a fair amount more.

Congratulations on the new camera! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics taken with the G10, so once you finally are able to get a housing for it and you do take some pictures, please share.

I have the G9 setup with dual strobes and Inon glass, and I have been very happy with the progression in the quality of the shots I've been getting. I was actually thinking about buying a backup G9, because if I were to have a problem with my existing G9, then I would be stuck with the Patima housing and lenses, but no camera.

Adrian

Just did that very thing ... good prices on G9's these days..

Kerry

I'm interested to see if Ikelite make it possible to add a WA lens to the G10, or if Inon, etc release one that will work. The current 67mm lens from Inon is made for a 35mm lens, yet the G10 had a 28mm lens...

I have been told that Inon make a AD lens for 28mm cameras, but of course this is no good on a Ike housing (yet).

And I think the old problem with the G series will come into play even more - the long port vignetting too much to add a WA lens.

Given the popularity of the G7 & G9, Ike may have their work cut out for them here!

i definately recommend buying a cheap back up if you have invested in exp housings or wet lenses
i had a massive problem trying to get a replacement S70 a year ago.
the s70 was one of a few cameras starting at 28mm. I bought the inon 100-28uwl so when i flooded my 1st S70 it was very difficult to find a replacement or any other camera with 28mm that i could use my UWL with.
the G9 will drop in price. Get another before they are hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom