Gulf diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i moved away from fl about 6 months ago but there all kinds of places to dive between hernado county and south saintpetersburg and its not all that far out i took my 16ft center console to them in just about 20 min

mirrocraft:
i moved away from fl about 6 months ago but there all kinds of places to dive between hernado county and south saintpetersburg and its not all that far out i took my 16ft center console to them in just about 20 min

WHere did u live in Florida?

DaFishy:
i like to dive tarpon reff,the m60 tank's and verterain's reff. ohh and i love to dive the artifical reff's.
:11: By reff's are you meaning to say reefs? :huh:

You need to make a trip to Pennsacola and dive the Oriskany. It is such an awesome dive seeing the aircraft carrier visualize out of the gulf. It is truly spectacular with what you can and can't see as it fades into the distance.

would love to but i'm all the way in pasco county,what depth is it?

It sits in a little over 200 feet of water. The top of the island is at about 65 feet and the flight deck is at 137 feet. It is 22 miles out in the gulf.

DaFishy:
U dive on the culverts?

haven't heard of the culverts - dove the AF Barge, Liberty Ship, bridge spans, Strength, Black Bart, Accokeek, etc

been a couple years; am hoping to go again in April or May and maybe hit the Oriskany as well

used to be a guy on AOL that dove out of Sarasota - evidently some decent diving there as well; artificial reefs, a ledge, things like that

You need to find yourself some oilrigs....that's what we dive out of Cameron, La..... pretty good vis but carry a pair of wirecutters if you're spearfishing.......Dive from West Cameron rigs to South Marsh Island(SMI) ....btw, the Flower Gardens is 110 miles from the jetties in Cameron, made the trip once in my 25' boat, will pay the Fling to bring me out the next time...haha.....

Yep, the rigs are amazing. When traveling everyone asks me is there any good diving in Louisiana and I try to explain to them what its like to dive on a Rig in the GOM. I don't think I can give it justice. And diver 85 sounds like a good idea about taking the Fling or Spree. I'm sometimes think I'm crazy when I head 15 miles out of Southwest Pass in Vermillion Bay with my 20' boat those storms come out of nowhere sometimes and I can never go fast enough to get around them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom