Gulf Shores Area Next Week???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jellies haven't been an issue yet this year. Sawgrass is covering the bottom on some of the shoredives(including the Whiskey) with some of the floaty junegrass mid-water. Not enough to ruin the dive though.

THUMBSUP55:
Just got PADI OW this past weekend. But of course i don't plan on stopping there( i couldn't stop if i wanted too). I'm pretty sure i need to get neutral buancy down before i take up shooting a speargun!

If you ever need a buddy - shoot me a line.

algulfdiver:
Gary's Gulf Divers and we can help You out with some Gear, Tanks and such...
phone # 251/968-4279

I must vouch for this old boy, just don’t tell him we wouldn’t want to give him the big head. Gary has a nice medium size shop where you feel welcomed when you enter not a shop where you feel they just want your money.It has the feel of older day dive shops where you talk diving and they seem interested And best of all he now has a six pack boat. Did I also mention he has a six pack boat? ( Hint Hint) lets get up a dive Guys & Gals

SuPrBuGmAn:
Jellies haven't been an issue yet this year. Sawgrass is covering the bottom on some of the shoredives(including the Whiskey) with some of the floaty junegrass mid-water. Not enough to ruin the dive though.

I was nailed by a few Sat (jellies) on three mile. But not enough to dive with a skin yet a T-shirt and long shorts should do. Get some dive plans posted friend this weekend is going to suck for me though my foreman is going out of town so I will have to babysit the jobs during the day He leaves Thursday and returns on Monday

I got hit a few times in Fort Morgan week before last, but not in Gulf Shores yet. I've since dove in Fort Morgan without any problems. Still just diving in trunks :)

Diving this Saturday morning at the Whiskey Wreck. Otherwise, this weekend will be a fairly dry one. The following weekend will probably be quite wet :D

So, you think a full 3/2 mil is a bit overkill? :D I don't like being cold. Go ahead, call me a whimp!

*shrugs*

May not be overkill for you and it may not be too hot UW, you can always let more water in. The walk out is gonna be a sauna for you though.

Ok, update on plans.....
We will be down in Gulf Shores on Sat afternoon. I have a fishing trip on Sunday that I found out about today. Anybody doing anything Sat afternoon or Mon Tues or Wed?

We do a trip on Wed. and have been able to fill the Boat the last couple of weeks.
We will do a trip any day of the week that we have at least 4 divers sign up.
Sat. we are doing the Guns and Hoses Spearfishing Tourny, Sunday we have spots available.

Thanks for the info Gulfdiver. I will keep that in mind. I'm sure I will be stopping by the store and looking around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom