Gulf Shores area shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiediver1

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There are 4 of us planning an August trip--can someone let me know what to expect as far as diving conditions go this time of year?

Also, it looks like there is some shore diving available in this area....can someone give me a list of these sites? We know the vis is not going to be the best, and we are ok with that

I would very much appreciate it!

send a PM to Gary's Gulf Diver or SuprBugman.

they can both hook you up with local diving there.

gary operates a charter operation out of Orange Beach and Bugman is pretty much the local guru of shore diving in Gulf Shores area.

Whiskey Wreck and Alabama Point Jetties are the best beach dives with easy access in the area at the moment. Dive the Whiskey Wreck at anytime, just watch the surf. Dive Alabama Point Jetties at high slack tide.

Are there only two? Are they located somewhere close to each other? Many thanks for the input!

Alabama Point is in Orange Beach, Whiskey Wreck is maybe 5 miles west in Gulf Shores. There are more, but access isn't easy and/or the sandbar is covering alot of these sites at the moment.

I'm just talking about beach dives. Get on a boat and you open up a hoard of great dive sites.

Alabama Point is in Orange Beach, Whiskey Wreck is maybe 5 miles west in Gulf Shores. There are more, but access isn't easy and/or the sandbar is covering alot of these sites at the moment.

I'm just talking about beach dives. Get on a boat and you open up a hoard of great dive sites.

Do you have directions or GPS coordinates you can share. Or maybe you are up to a guided tour?

Do you have directions or GPS coordinates you can share. Or maybe you are up to a guided tour?

I'll be in Navarre in two weeks. I've been to the Whiskey and Alabama Pointe jetties several times. We can go over to Alabama one day.

I'll be in Navarre in two weeks. I've been to the Whiskey and Alabama Pointe jetties several times. We can go over to Alabama one day.

Just let me know when!

Back
Top Bottom