Gunilda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are in the process of dealing with the ministry now for the Gunilda. A friend from Ontario is taking care of the paperwork. It's not as easy as I'd hoped.

Now Kev,

you're gonna give your old pals first dibs on anything that you put together on something like this ........right?.................I think the T-man and I would be interested.

BTW do you know where I can locate a 'JR OpenWater Diver' patch?

Originally posted by caverkevin
does anyone know what the process is for getting a permit from the canadian government to dive this wreck?? The last I heard you have to have a permit to dive it. Any info???

KLJ

Lance

I'll let you know when it all comes together. You really want to do this type of diving....that is my question. Not a whole lot of friends from Florida like the idea of diving cold water. The Gunilda is really cold water and 270. Not like decoing in Eagles Nest. If you want to come up....more than happy to have you.

I'm just getting ready to go dive lake Huron right now. Just checked the lake buoy and the suface water temp is 40.1, so I am going to be COLD!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Yeah well all you guys decided to move to places frigid and all.

You are in Michigan, Devin went to England and wants me to dive Scapa with him later this year and Tyler invited me with a smile this past weekend to his Fargo Tech 1 class.....(I'll pass on Fargo but the others are of definate interest).

BTW we missed you at the Ginnie beer and flesh fest this weekend....deco was as usual....full of eye candy...that is until tyler pointed out shamu and I crawled back under the ledge. Ask him what his 'hit' looked like for showing off that he could scooter full blast with stage and deco bottle through the restriction at the base of the eye....lets see 52-33 in 3 secs after spending 100+ mins on 30% ....also being second dive of day.

BTW answer is 'Yes- if there is something to see'

Originally posted by caverkevin
Lance

I'll let you know when it all comes together. You really want to do this type of diving....that is my question. Not a whole lot of friends from Florida like the idea of diving cold water. The Gunilda is really cold water and 270. Not like decoing in Eagles Nest. If you want to come up....more than happy to have you.

I'm just getting ready to go dive lake Huron right now. Just checked the lake buoy and the suface water temp is 40.1, so I am going to be COLD!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Ask him what his 'hit' looked like for showing off that he could scooter full blast with stage and deco bottle through the restriction at the base of the eye....lets see 52-33 in 3 secs after spending 100+ mins on 30% ....also being second dive of day.

I am not going to ask him to show me anything! That boy is too ugly as it is. I don't want to see any more:)

You might go to scapa. I want to go!!!! Don't know if it could happen soon for me. I am just getting ready buy a new Ford one ton van. Not in WKPP white. Maybe dark green for those 2 am sneak dives:)

Hey cold diving has nice stuff, but none of the great stuff you see doing deco on your back in the eye.

I'll keep you posted on what is happening up here.

Kevin

Hello all..

Here is a site that I had laying around about the Kamloop's. It is quite good. If you back up a few windows you can see the point off of Isle royale named Kamloops point after the shipwreck which lies just off the point in deep water....

Enjoy

Jeff Great Lakes diver

http://www.superiortrips.com/kamloops_shipwreck.htm

Divesherpa:
Does anyone know where to find info on the Gunilda beyond the standard sources? By this, I mean does anyone have any research into the Gunilda that they would pass on, or at least pass on the source?

I reserched GUNILDA in the mid 1960s and have volumes of stuff--even letters from the then-living two survivors of the wreck. What are you looking for?

caverkevin:
does anyone know what the process is for getting a permit from the canadian government to dive this wreck?? The last I heard you have to have a permit to dive it. Any info???

KLJ
You might want to talk to Ron Benson at Going Under Dive shop in Maple Grove Minnesota, he dives the Gunilda yearly I am sure he can help you... http://www.goingunder.net/staff-ron.htm

Back
Top Bottom