Halcyon belt buckle question and harness question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmarchadesch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings again to the list:

I got hold of a Halcyon belt buckle. Question:
- the buckle slots of the Halcyon aren't the same as the generic buckles. It's doesn't have a "far" end slot to receive the extra webbing or tail. How do I manage or set up the buckle? Do I just fold it back in and secure with a rubber ring or the like?

Also, with regards to the extra length of webbing at the waist after you've locked it into the buckle: what is the correct way of stowing the extra length? Do I just cut it off several inches to the left from the crotch strap? How long?

Thanks again

Mario

I start down through the first slot, up through the second, and back down through the third. The loose end is now on the bottom of the buckle, closest to the latch. It then goes back, up through the first slot, and is held along the back of the waist belt by the knife sheath or the rubber band. I'd leave the end as long as you want, so long as it isn't hitting the left D-ring.

Here are a couple of URLs that show the weaving of the buckle.
DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate
http://www.alohashoredivers.com/projects/beltbuckle/index.html

I hope there doesn't exist a "correct" way to stow the extra length. I just have a couple of inches of length, and it's held in place by inner tube (same type that I use to secure my back-up.

If you use the same backplate for cold water and warm water diving, just make sure you have enough length for the different adjustments that you might need to make.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom