Halcyon Eclipse-do you like it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 30lb Eclipse. I feel alot better with the Eclipse (as far as durability issues) than with the pioneer that I rented before I bought my own wing. I also have an 18lb Oxycheq (since Halcyon no longer makes an 18lber) and a 55lb explorer. I am not particularly happy with the construction of the Oxycheq and would have bought one of Tobin's Deep Sea Supplyhttp://www.deepseasupply.com/ 20lb wings if I had known about them. If you are looking for a 30lb wing for warm water diving, I don't think that you could do better than the Eclipse. I would be equally comfortable buying a Deep Sea Supply wing, but I would replace the inflator with a halcyon stainless steel one. I have them on all of my wings and really like the slow inflation rate and ease of rebuild.

JMHO,

Jackie

I went with the Pioneer #36 instead of the Eclipse. I'm not sure that I'll ever do any 'penetration diving' so the extra layer around the Eclipse didn't seem to be worth it for my type of diving. Alot of people use it in the shop that I dive out of when they are diving 'for fun' (instead of teaching). My diving is done in cold salt water so I went with the SS backplate & will probably add a p-weight as well to get some weight off my belt.

I must say that having someone work with you to get the rigging right is nice, though I'm not sure it's worth a 3 hour drive :)

HTH

Bjorn

I love my Eclipse. Best money I have ever spent. =]

I too had a Pioneer but punctured it somehow then went to an Eclipse. However, I found I also had to add a couple of pounds of lead, because the Eclipse doesn't seem to dump nearly as fast or as completely as the Pioneer. (Not surprisingly, I suppose.)

Back
Top Bottom