Halcyon flare light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Approaching a proper light :wink:

I've got a ~15amp lithium pack in my Halcyon 9amp can now. Its sweet.

But, do you have your own Sputnik? :wink:

OD7Iprp.jpg

i have one of the new lights from halcyon to try out. If anyone wants to know / see something specific, feel free to ask (before i send it back).

it is possible to take beamshots from big white wall from distance 3m,5m,7m, ,21m only in spot mode ? ( and keep same parameters on camera )

and if you can put light on shallow pond with dirty water and take picture
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like to figure out ratio between hotspot and ''corona'' and second : hotspot beam extension ( i'll put back graph ) because that tells a lot about quality optics and led

AHHH ......NO......HERRO :wink:

( just marketing pussy*** everywhere )

Last edited:
Thanks for the write up. I would love to see that marked against a 21W light. I was just talking with a manufacturer about the temp of their LEDs being too yellow, so they get absorbed. The blue lights penetrate through the water better.

Just took the 2 focus lights of mine out one the lake today with a third person using a 21W. There is just no comparison, it's everything a 21W is plus much more. The focus is tighter (doesn't cross back on itself). Burn time is better, punch is better, and it's brighter.

I've got a different question regarding this new light:

since we all understand by now that this is a really good light, I would like to hear more about this new type of battery connection. while my canister can really take a beating (and he has!), this screw in battery sounds like something that might be less durable on rocky boats with regular usage (which is what I do, 2-3 dive days a week). anyone can comment on that?

Matan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom