Halcyon MC Storage Pak: Tricks to storing lift bag in it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wondering if there's anything "special" you need to do to make sure you don't lose your lift bag out of the MC Storage Pak?

Seems

I just kinda roll/fold it so its flatter and stuff it up there and clip it to the rear D Ring. The elastic holds it in. Never had an issue (yet).

I have mine folded nice and neat then stuffed under the mc pack. It is also clipped to the D-ring of the crotch strap, as mentioned above, and I have not had it come out. In fact it is harder to pull it out than it coming out on it's own.

I do make sure the dump valve, of the bag, is centered in the middle of the plates grove that way I don't feel it poking out.

One quick note, I have noticed a Halcyon lift bag has the clip to use but my DiveRite lift bag doesn't.

Cheers

Chris

A few tricks. I use a 50# bag. I fold it in roughtly thirds (don't roll it). Fold it such that the leash will only be sticking out a few inches past the bottom of the bag. You can attach a bolt snap to the leash and then just clip it off to your butt d-ring. I know a few GUE guys (myself included) who do it this way.

Back
Top Bottom