Halcyon Pioneer 36 lb wing

What's your experience with your Pioneer 36lb wing? (multiple selections allowed)

• Pioneer 36lb: never had any problems with one

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Pioneer 36lb: have had leak/leaks

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Pioneer 36lb: pin hole leak: Halcyon covered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pioneer 36lb: pin hole leak: Not covered

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Pioneer 36lb: pin hole leak: No resolution yet

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Pioneer 36lb: seam leak: Halycon covered

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Pioneer 36lb: seam leak: Not covered

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Pioneer 36lb: seam leak: No resolution yet

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei

Reaction score
Lets see what the numbers look like from Pioneer owners on the board. Some seem to think the problem lies in user error/mishandling only. Some say its because folks don't take care of their wing... cramming it into places it shouldn't be. It's odd to me that you don't see this same type of problem from users on the board concerning any other type of BC. Numbers don't lie, that is if everyone reports accurately.

Please keep your selections factual. If you've owned more than one 36lb wing, please report any problems you have had with any of them and the resolution, if any.

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE HAD A LEAK, MARK THAT YOU HAVE HAD A LEAK AND WHAT THE RESOLUTION WAS... I see that someone voted that that they have had a problem that had no resolution yet, but failed to also tally a vote that they had had a problem... This is so we can get a quick look at the overall number of leakers versus non-leakers without having to count up the different resolution figures.

It's not a perfect poll, but its the best I could come up with.

i have had no problems with leaks or holes but the wing only has 10 dives to its name. i doubt i would have bought halcyon if i had read all the posts on the board about this problem. i am particularly worried that halcyon seems to have anything but a liberal attitude in taking care of this issue. i would expect they would cover this under warranty without hesitation. to me it seems clear that this is not just an issue of people mishandling their wing but rather than the wing is susceptible to this problem. after all i have not heard of any other bc facing these types of problems. imo it is not very clever that they refuse to replace the wing in many cases.

Never had a problem with my 36#, BUT I don't have much use on it yet since I most dive using 65# Explorers with twin 104's. Mostly, my 36# has only seen pool time. Neither 65# wing (I use both on a quasi rotating basis) has given me any problem.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about the Pro6/10W light (both new and old style head), I could probably fill a couple of pages with my experience with EE & Halcyon.

no problems.

I'm not particularly "nice" to mine either - I'm usually spearfishing!

With about 30 some dives on it, it still looks and works great.

I did sand and file all the edges around the perimeter and at the webbing slots prior to using for the first time too.
I'm pretty careful with all my equipment. Heck, when you spend that much you might as well take care of it!

With about 30 some dives on it, it still looks and works great.

I did sand and file all the edges around the perimeter and at the webbing slots prior to using for the first time too.
I'm pretty careful with all my equipment. Heck, when you spend that much you might as well take care of it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom