HalcyonExplorer/DiveRightsuperwing Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good discussion. I am really enjoying the different viewpoints. My dive buddy blew a wing bladder last week during a cave dive. He used the secondary wing to get out.
Using a dry suit for buoyancy control is feasible when scootering. It's a royal pain when swimming out.
Sure, in an open water situation, you need to shed everything you can and hopefully you don't have a deco obligation.
I haven't had any entanglement problems and it definitly isn't a task loading problem compared to the other options offered.
Larry

Wasn't directed at you Tom I know your history.I puke every time I hear that balanced rig quote esp without any regard for who and what the objectives are.NE wrecking tools or uplines and such can make even AL80s real hard to swim up .The horizontal deco was a cheapshot... sorry you bit.I dive 90-95% DIR and more when any overhead is expected.I am IANTD mix. I use VPM and have changed configurations over the years to suit my PP,it just happens to be similar.Every time something new comes along I am not a bandwagon jumper.My beef is not with you,Roak,Pug MHK or any of the crowd who actually do these dives.I hear enough tho from some folks that my BS detector goes off.Don't expect much from me tho ,my shrink says I'm bi-polar and OCD:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom