Halloween Swampdiving Success!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
TexasMike
Iguana Don
Tabitha
Dee & Beast
Corsair & Seawolf
Jerry (Corsair's Dad)
Tom and Michelle Vyles
Texass
Artsprite
ScubaTexasTony
(and I'm probably forgetting somebody but . . .)

Just wanted to tell you all I had a great time meeting and diving with you this weekend. It's the first time I've been diving at Lake Travis, and it was a lot of fun. TexasMike, you're sure a great guy to have around when it comes time to throw these things together. Thanks for doing it. 6th Street was fun . . . man, I love Austin, Texas. Oh, by the way, the wife and I would each like to buy one of those shirts. I'll hook up with you this week sometime, Mike. The NDI Texas Swamp Divers are sure a fun bunch of folks . . . although they're a little strange, and I guess I'm one of 'em, so they probably think the same of me. Can't wait to do it again. You need to get to work on that, Mike. :D

We all had a great time. Mike, BJ and I were the last to leave and I was proud of our group. I did my routine trash check and the only thing I had to throw away was from the dive class that was sharing the area. Good work everyone! Let's prove to the world you can get a bunch of people together, have a GREAT time, and still be easy on the area you stayed in!

Zagnut (and Kathleen), it was wonderful meeting you guys! Glad there are more people close by to do the Swamp Thing with!

Seawolf

There's T-shirts??? Where can I get a T-shirt??????

-Jim

(Always looking to expand my weekend wardrobe!)

Sounds like a blast! Wish I could have been there.
:sunny:
PS Any pictures to share from the Halloween event?

I had a GREAT time at Travis with the gang!

The weather co-operated, the sun was warm, I could actually see my hand, and I went on my FIRST night dive, wow!

It was worth the trip from Midland and I would do it again this weekend (even though that 6 hour trip back was really loooooong.

All the folks who participated in setting this up, getting the really neat gifts for the pumpkin hunt, and general logistics deserve a well done.

Oh yeah, the Beast cooked some really great food Saturday night for those of us who stuck around for the night dive.

Great meeting all of you and let's do it again, anywhere, any weekend.

Deadeye

Yes, there were a couple of people taking pictures. I can't remember who all were, though. They were saying that they were going to get them to Lady Diver somehow for posting. I remember overhearing TexasMike talking computer stuff (I'm not good with all that website lingo) with someone about how to get the photos on the website somehow, so a few pictures should show up somewhere.

I want to thank all of you that showed up for the Halloween Dive at Lake Travis. I enjoyed meeting all of you and forming new (and long lasting I hope!) friendships. One thing I always say about diving, you meet some really great people!

I also want to thank Dee, CatDiver, Michelle Vyles, BJ & Lynette, Iquana Don, and the others that helped make our dive a success.

I hope you folks enjoyed the pumkin hunt and enjoyed your prizes! Be sure to patronize the dive shops that provided them.

We will be planning next year's dive dive calendar real soon. Our plan is to have a TSDT club dive each month, and possibly two "out of state" outtings (like Panama City, FL or Cozumel). We love to hear from you on where you'd like to go. So if you'd like to contribute, please email me your suggestions .

I look forward to diving with all of you again!!!

--Mike

Photos were being taken by several people including ScubaTexasTony and CavernQT (Tabatha). Links to the photos will be posted.

T-shirts will be available for purchase online very shortly. We have sizes ranging from Medium through 3XL. When the web page is created, I'll provide a link.

We will also be pre-selling Tank and window decals.

To all Texas Swamp Divers;

Thanks for the weekend at Travis. My wife (Yuko) and I had a great time and are looking forward to diving with the team again soon.

Richard

Hey Mike, you may want to ensure that people order one size larger then they need on those T-Shirts.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom