Has anyone been griefed for their BP&W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp:
It's in the 1st post...

At least that's what I and the other posters assumed. People don't normally struggle with short hoses. :wink:

I'm embarassed to say I was struggling with the hose from my octo. I just picked up my regulator out of layaway the Friday before the trip, and I wasn't ready to move away from a recreational regulator setup yet.

The octo came loose from the holder when I was putting on my rig, and I managed to get it caught beneath my shoulder harness. I was struggling with trying to get it out from under the strap while staying on the bench on a rolling boat. I freely admit my technique needs improvement. :)

I'm also now seeing the value of a DIR-style necklace, but I figure that's for another forum, and not the New2Scuba section. I've no intention of getting into a DIR discussion here.

The Kraken:
"I haven't heard any discouraging words at all. All of the words I've heard have been interest about how I manage to look so good
03.gif
"

:wallywink

Oh, geeeeezzzzzzzzzz, please spare me !!!!!
I exaggerate, and I'm more or less kidding, but in all honesty, the only comments I've heard about my bp/wing have been to the effect of "that looks cool, what is it?" and "how do you manage to look so clean and streamlined underwater? You have more gear than I do!"

Wijbrandus:
I'm embarassed to say I was struggling with the hose from my octo.

The octo came loose from the holder when I was putting on my rig, and I managed to get it caught beneath my shoulder harness.
No need to be embarassed at all. That happens.

Uncle Pug:
No it isn't. It appears in the 6th and 7th posts... answered in the 8th in the negative. But a lot of folks make assumptions. :wink:

I really need to pay more attention to SB and less to my customers.. :eyebrow:

Hey, John, we're gonna put you in an itty bitty Speedo and make you the poster child . . . :10:

Be giving autographs on slates . . . !!!

It's simple, as a diver with a TEK setup, the REC guys on the boat woudn't know how to deal with your equipment configuration during emergency conditions..........

The only people who ever said anything bad about my bp/w was my lds. They don't sell them, but they can order them... Yeah, and charge msrp. I can order it, in fact I did. Took less time and cost about a third. Everyone else I know just asks if they can borrow it for a dive. I claim about half of the dives it has seen.

The Kraken:
Hey, John, we're gonna put you in an itty bitty Speedo and make you the poster child . . . :10:

Be giving autographs on slates . . . !!!
I'm not sure why you started thinking about me in a Speedo, but i think you'd better stop. It's not appreciated. I might start picturing your avatar in a Speedo. :eyebrow:

ShakaZulu:
It's simple, as a diver with a TEK setup, the REC guys on the boat woudn't know how to deal with your equipment configuration during emergency conditions..........

How so, Shaka?

With a standard octo, this rig equipment config isn't different than 'normal' rec gear, is it? Inflator should be in the same place, weight (either belt or WI) is similar (if used)...

There is more variation than that just among 'normal' rec configs, right? Like Air2's and such?

If I ever get buddied with a HUB-user, I'm afraid the pre-dive gear familiarity briefing could take a while...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom