Has anyone bought from divetank.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just purchased a Bare XCD2 dry suit from them.
Richard was more than helpful.
Good customer service so far.
And the pricing is good, too !!!!

the K

Divetank.com is great!
Bare Service is going to make you crazy. They have been the worst to deal with by far !! The service you will get is so under par from any other manufacture that it is a problem. I just sold all of my Bare suits because of it and I am in a Sea Tux much better service and nicer people to deal with.
I have been a fan of Bare for about ten years NOT anymore.

I just got three Bare drysuits from them last week. It was my first dealing with them and their deal was much better than anything else I could find, so I took a chance. Richard and Shannen were extremely helpful in sizing us over the phone. It sounds crazy, but when we got the suits, everything fit perfectly, from hoods and gloves to the undergarments. Got an incredible deal. Also, they provided services that noe of my LDS would, like having the suspenders installed by Bare instead of leaving it up to me to install them. So after dropping a couple of grand there, I'm totally satisfied. That doesn't happen too often. :)

J.

wolf eel:
Divetank.com is great!
Bare Service is going to make you crazy. They have been the worst to deal with by far !! The service you will get is so under par from any other manufacture that it is a problem. I just sold all of my Bare suits because of it and I am in a Sea Tux much better service and nicer people to deal with.

My local dive shop, who although sells Bare suits, said the same thing and suggested getting something else other than the Bare suits, even some cheapo regular un-fancy suit. Of course they tried to talk me into a Henderson Hyperstrech, but those are to much $$$ for me.

wolf eel:
Divetank.com is great!

I got Bare wetsuits and they fit me very nice and haven't had any problem so far....so haven't dealt with the manufacture to know their customer service. I would like to know what's wrong with Bare's service.

I never said anything about FIT. I know they fit and leak well. I said I have been true and blue for over ten years.

DIVETANK.COM is excellent just in case some of you got confused !!!!!!! BARE service is not.

They do not service you well after the fact that is the point. They helped me very well and after they where paid it all seem to change. The names you have mentioned have nothing to do with service.

Good example: Being asked to pre pay for repairs and adjustments to the suit. Um no I pay after the suit is done to my standards I think thats normal. Kin to a machenic how often do you pre pay them ? Or anybody for that matter and the 9 e-mails later no response and as we all know if you send an e-mail and it does not go to the address it gets sent back.

OOPS sorry 3 months later. And a rude response.

Well, the news on the Bare customer service is not encouraging. But after reading this thread last week, I checked into Divetank.com and ended up buying a drysuit from them (a Bare XCD2 Pro) last weekend. I have a non-normal body shape and the Bare suits have several odd sizes that have fit be best in the past. So based on my prior experience, I opted to go with another Bare product. Plus, Divetank had some great deals in addition to their prices (free undergarments, hoods, gloves, etc).

One nice point about Divetank was that they were willing to be the interface for customer service. I got the impression that if I had a problem with the fit or any leaks, I could send the suit back to them and they'd take it over to Bare to get it resolved. Unlike many internet shopping places, they are a Factory Dealer of Bare products, so you CAN send stuff back to them (and/or Bare) to get it fixed. Let's just hope this won't be necessary.

Tod,

Sounds good. My wife and I have been mulling over getting a couple of Bare wetsuits from Divetank. Last night we finally decided to go for it. My wife also has a non standard size and we hope Bare will fit good. Also, they are the only company with a full 7mill hooded short vest which should really help with the cold here in Michigan. So far Divetank has been responding very well to my emails and phone calls so that gives me a good sense that they will take care of me if any problems arrise.

I didn't see if any extras can with the wetsuits though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom