Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is one guy who is a real cheerleader for the BP/W setup, the first time I saw him pushing the wing so hard, I got the mental picture of him wearing Pom Poms, bobby socks, and a pleated mini skirt! LOL. I don't think of them as bullies, more like drones in a cult, but they do gang up and drown out other opinions regularly. In the end, regular BCDs out sell the wing like 50 to 1. This is why companies like Scubapro still develop new jacket style BCDs.

I'm waiting for one to arrive at my LDS right now. I liked seeing it online. I have owned two Classics, I replaced the first one when it became too worn, faded and ugly, the second one still looks great, but I would like something fresher looking. I want to check out the d-ring locations and removable parts. There are not many D-rings on my classic and I plan to start using a 40 cu pony and want better hardware mounting points.

I do want to take a look at it. sounds like it might be a good set_up for what you are wanting to do . If I had to replace my Glidel Pro I would probably go with the Knighthawk or Litehawk

I don't think of them as bullies, more like drones in a cult
"Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior William Hogarth Main?"
18cmlcr1ofcvejpg.jpg

I actually thought the Knighthawk fit better. I got the feeling that it would ride up, not sure why, maybe the lack of a cummerbund.

the Knighthawk rides up as well in my experience; adding a crotch strap helps considerably. if the hyrdos has a crotch strap slot in the back (think someone mentioned that it does), then that would be a simple solution to that problem.

I just got my Hydros Pro today

What I can tell is that it is a very comfortable BCD to put on. If you inflate the bladder the shoulder straps are flared open a bit to help get your arms in

The gel on the interior does grip very well and hopefully it will help with ride-up which is a major issue with my Zeagle Stilleto. The lack of cummerbund is actually a plus for me. I could never get those to tighten well enough against my wetsuit. The Monprene interior on the Hydros grips my suit like velcro. I like to drop my BC/tank off our boat and put it on in the water The Monprene will help keep everything in place as I am strapping in.

It is an ultra streamlined design which I can see helping in some tougher current conditions. Will dive it and give some more feedback in a few days

I just dived one today.

First impressions:

I like the modular approach. Remove the weight pouches and it turns into a minimalist looking BCD. Most straps are adjustable-I liked the way that you can move the sternum strap up and down.

The fit is fantastic. Once you've adjusted it to fit you, it sticks to you like glue. There is no movement or looseness on your back. It's very comfortable. Big plus here.

I felt no difference when inflating/deflating the wing. Maybe I need to try it at greater depths. I was in a pool. I'm going to Dutch next week - will try it there in a 7mm wetsuit.

When you exit the water, it weighs the same as before entering the water. The fabric absorbs no water. Pretty cool.

I found it to be heavy compared to my BPW with a kydex plate. It's a bit bulky just like any BCD I suppose. But remove the weight pockets and clips and it's really nice and light.

Overall I like it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom