Has anyone stayed in the Aldora Villas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear dmeeve,

The Villa Aldora also has a salt water training pool and we have free use of a pony pack harness (no bladder) and a single second stage regulator. Using a small pony tank non divers can discover how easy it is to breath underwater without facing the terror of the deep. Once that happens a discover dive course can start in the same place and then step into the 10 ft of water 30 feet away. That works most of the time for even the most fearful persons.

This is also available at no cost to those not diving with Aldora or staying at the Villa.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited:
Thanks for that info Dave. I'll see how it goes, but I ain't holding my breath. I'm thinking either I have to get her drunk first, which might not be such a good idea pre-diving, or someone other than me will have to convince her....I'm too easy to say no to.

Has she ever put mask on, and has she ever put her face in the water? If so, one of my instructors can get her to try sucking on a reg in our pool in 3 ft of water. We'll do that at no charge and see how it goes.

Dave Dillehay

This is one reason why we dive with Aldora. Dave, you're a real class act.

We'll be on the island by lunch, and at the shop to check in this afternoon. Any reason we shouldn't plan on washing the dust off with a dive off the pier this afternoon?

Hey Dave,
Congrats on the busy busy June at the Villa! I will hardly know what to do, staying somewhere else...

Hey Dave,
Congrats on the busy busy June at the Villa! I will hardly know what to do, staying somewhere else...
Wow, No room at the Villa? Good for Dave, bad for Sallye. Looks like everyone is discovering what a great place the Villa is. We've stayed at many places on the island but the Villa is like our home away from home.

Dear Sal,

The business is not quite that good. That just happens to be the week that KC Diver is holding a wedding party there for a family member and taking most of the rooms. The rest of the month is pretty wide open as usual.

Dave Dillehay

Yep, we'll definitely be doing some celebrating at the Villa :cheers: this June. Our daugthter is getting married at the Villa :marriage:mid-June, so we did grab quite a few rooms :D the week before/after the wedding.

We're pretty excited to have our family all together at the Villa for the wedding & showing them what we love about Cozumel. Cynthia and I arrive this Saturday for 3 weeks (yes, she is just a bit spoiled :D but that's what grandparents do best!)

Hi Cindy!
I am anticipating the festivities!

I KNOW you will have a blast introducing everyone to the joys of Cozumel. It's gotta be great to have your family join you there. I am looking forward to meeting them.
And to seeing you and Cynthia again! It's been too long...

Lunch is easy... with the HP120's your dives are pretty long. If you're statying at the Villa, you're one of the first on the boat. Pick up others as you head south, and do your first long dive. Now you've got a 1.5-2hr SI at Mr Sanchos. Perfect time and place for lunch. You'll have an appetite but now. Then go do your second long dive.

The $89/day is a bit more than the budget ops, but you're paying for the extra bottom time and the cushy service. It's certainly cheaper than a 3-tank with one of the budget ops, which is what you'd need to do to get the same amount of air as an Aldora 2-tank.

Aldora does expect groups to ascend together. This isn't a Cozumel rule, but it is a drift diving rule, at least according to PADI. With the big tanks and enough boats to match people up with others of similar ability, it's not likely to be a big deal.

It basically has to be the rule in drift diving, unless you want your boat going all over the place picking people up and losing the rest of your group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom