Has anyone used the Olympus TG-1 underwater extensively yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave up on the TG-1, put it up on eBay and was lucky enough to get a buyer who clicked on the Buy It Now button. Price I set wasn't far from a new one so I really got lucky with that. Paid immediately too.

Was really disappointed with its image quality. Either grainy or looked as it it was taken with a really low resolution sensor camera. From the time I'd spent with it, it only worked ok under lots of light. The f2.0 thing was bull****. Didn't really work that well in real life. So? I'm looking at Canons again. Either the G12 or the G15 which on certain sites isn't much more than the G12. Seems like my antique G2's photos at 4.1 megapixels were better than the Olympus' so I don't think I can go wrong with either the G12 or G15.

Progen, I have a lots of UW photo customers (I own a dive shop) and lots of complaints about the new Canons. Besides the CANON housings that have lots of condensation and leaks, the camera itself cannot be set to shoot with strobe in TTL since the Manual setting (on the camera) does not pre flash... Also complaints about the large housings that allows less flexibility in wide angle add-ons (compared to the smaller RX100 or S100 for example). I hear better compacts for UW would be the Canon RX100, Olympus XZ2, Sea&Sea/Fuji X10, Pana LX7.

Progen, I have a lots of UW photo customers (I own a dive shop) and lots of complaints about the new Canons. Besides the CANON housings that have lots of condensation and leaks, the camera itself cannot be set to shoot with strobe in TTL since the Manual setting (on the camera) does not pre flash... Also complaints about the large housings that allows less flexibility in wide angle add-ons (compared to the smaller RX100 or S100 for example). I hear better compacts for UW would be the Canon RX100, Olympus XZ2, Sea&Sea/Fuji X10, Pana LX7.

Thanks, buddy. I'll take a look at the ones you've recommended. Grazie!

Back
Top Bottom