Hate to ask.... PINK gear...who makes it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in even worse of a predicament!!! My wife to be just got certified and is adament that she needs a mask with a purge valve and of course, it has to be pink. Finding a pink mask isn't hard. Finding a mask with a purge valve isn't hard..... But I am really starting to think that the scuba manufacturers that we have considered our friends for so many years are plotting against us guys. If you have an extra 10 hours on your hands, try finding a quality, pink dive mask with a purge valve. I've been searching for hours and everytime I find a model that comes in pink and also offers a purge valve, I soon find out that they offer the purge valve on every model except pink. I'm really starting to hate Pink!!!!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The current trend in masks is to get rid of the purge valve (it's about time). The purge valve is a major failure point in a mask, and having one usually means that you will need it to remove the water that leaks in thru it.

Would suggest that you find a attractive, good fitting mask for her, as the pink selection in those masks is pretty good.

I'm in even worse of a predicament!!! My wife to be just got certified and is adament that she needs a mask with a purge valve and of course, it has to be pink. Finding a pink mask isn't hard. Finding a mask with a purge valve isn't hard..... But I am really starting to think that the scuba manufacturers that we have considered our friends for so many years are plotting against us guys. If you have an extra 10 hours on your hands, try finding a quality, pink dive mask with a purge valve. I've been searching for hours and everytime I find a model that comes in pink and also offers a purge valve, I soon find out that they offer the purge valve on every model except pink. I'm really starting to hate Pink!!!!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pssst. Tell her that when she uses the purge valve, she can get snot mixed up in the water and there is always something left behind, so she can grow some pretty nasty bacteria in it. :giggle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom