Have I run out of affordable world??? USD3.5k + flight from London in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if i go back to Egypt they will give me residency because i have been there so many times :cool2:

it's cheap and only 5 1/2 hours away

I think you have ruled out most of your cheaper destinations, so yes, you may have priced yourself out.

I was out in North Sulawesi in May and it is cracking diving, for both wide-angle and macro photography, so you would have a good crack there.

Also, you've caned Egypt a lot by the sounds of it (like me, 36 trips done, and number 37 next week!), but have you thought about Sudan on a liveaboard? By far the best wall and pelagic diving in the northern part of the entire Red Sea, and a bloody great wreck in the Umbria (like the Thistlegorm was many, many years ago).

Mark

NB: If you are planning on going to the Dive 2008 show at the weekend, you want to check on your venue. LIDS is in March, this weekend's show is in the NEC at Birmingham. If you do come, pop by our booth and say hello! I'll be the one snoozing in the corner as I just got back from a week in DEMA Las Vegas!

LIDS is in March, this weekend's show is in the NEC at Birmingham. If you do come, pop by our booth and say hello

yes, i will he heading up the M40 on Sunday
i just didn't want the people off here to think there was a show in alabama (if you know what i mean)

what stand are you on - i'll wander over

Venus

i just didn't want the people off here to think there was a show in alabama (if you know what i mean)
:rofl3:Yes, I know exactly what you mean. However--Vice Presidential candidacies notwithstanding--many of us Americans have had passports for decades and don't have parochial outlooks. Some of us have actually been to your Birmingham (although I can't say I've been to ours). But I can't imagine going back.:D

Might have published something for you. I am on the Sport Diver booth in the PADI Village.

Good old Brum, eh?

you have passports, really
i thought you guys never left that great country of yours

you know i'm joking - i like the US, i used to work there
never been to HK tho :sulkoff:

:rofl3:Yes, I know exactly what you mean. However--Vice Presidential candidacies notwithstanding--many of us Americans have had passports for decades and don't have parochial outlooks. Some of us have actually been to your Birmingham (although I can't say I've been to ours). But I can't imagine going back.:D

yes, you are who i thought you were
do you remember the new product write up where there was a picture with Mark from Celtic Diving testing some moisturising cream?

possibly not as it was over three years ago

Might have published something for you. I am on the Sport Diver booth in the PADI Village

i have a problem now with Sunday ....

i was gonig to leave my place at 8am
but, Pink tickets go on sale at 9am on sunday, so i won't be able to leave until after i have secured my Pink ticket :depressed:

I remember! Can't remember the name of the actual product, but remember the piece, and the general gist of it. God, was that three years ago...

Hope you get your tickets, and hopefully see you on Sunday at some point.

Mark

It's a slow day in the office today :wink: ....

It's been a year since I opened this thread looking for ideas of my next liveaboard

I'm now booked up until July 2010 with one big big trip one small trip and a couple of long weekends away

So, I'm now looking at ideas for places to go in Sept 2010 :shocked2:
I did say it was a slow day in the office

Not including:

Chuuk
Cocos
Galapagos
Maldives
Egypt
Oman
Goa
Thailand
Saba