Have new Manta - Mode access question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok.....i'm taking the DiveNav course for the Manta. I have set the wet activation to ON. now.......to access normal diving mode from watch mode.......it says to hold the mode button until you see the choice you want (either NORM,GAUGE, or FREE).......then press the mode button to select that choice. well......i hold the mode button........and when I see NORM come up, i release the button, then it will flash between NORM and SEA. Then if if press the mode button (thinking i am now selecting normal dive mode), it reverts back to watch mode. is that because i have the wet activation ON.....and i won't be able to access dive mode unless diving? or what am i doing wrong please? i don't think the book is user friendly at all by the way. thanks,d

Ok.....i'm taking the DiveNav course for the Manta. I have set the wet activation to ON. now.......to access normal diving mode from watch mode.......it says to hold the mode button until you see the choice you want (either NORM,GAUGE, or FREE).......then press the mode button to select that choice. well......i hold the mode button........and when I see NORM come up, i release the button, then it will flash between NORM and SEA. Then if if press the mode button (thinking i am now selecting normal dive mode), it reverts back to watch mode. is that because i have the wet activation ON.....and i won't be able to access dive mode unless diving? or what am i doing wrong please? i don't think the book is user friendly at all by the way. thanks,d
Hi,
please see Module 4 Section 6 of the Manta class to change operating mode (Normal / Gauge / Free) .... you need to HOLD the MODE button ... not PRESS.

Anyway, if your previous mode was already NORM dive mode, from the watch mode just HOLD the mode button and you will be in NORM dive mode. No more pressing of the mode button is required.

See also Module 5 Section 2.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It sound like you hav an older software on the watch like 1A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom