Have you had a GREAT EXPERIENCE with your LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have great experiences with a few Southern California shops:

1. Sea D Sea in Redondo Beach - this is the shop that I went through for training and gears purchase. The owner is honest to a fault and if you deal fairly with him, he'll be more than fair with you. 100% customer service & support.

2. Hollywood Divers in Hollywood - this is a tech diving heavy shop that I am planning on taking my tech diving classes with. Great group of people with awesome customer service & support.

3. Ocean Safari Scuba in San Gabriel - this shop is a great rec diving shop. Small but super friendly and the owner is very conscientious about training OW and AOW divers. Their rec divers seem to be better trained than most other rec diving shops.

All these shops are small and cozy. Hollywood Divers has a very large stock of gadgets & gears but it's still a cozy place. You can tell that these shops are divers' shops and not a gear/T-shirt retailer (aka boutique).

Underseas Scuba in Villa Park Illinois. I purchased mygear at another LDS and got very little information or anything resembling information about it at the time of purchase. Underseas is closer to my home so I stopped in. The staff there spent almost an hour going over my new gear with me including my new airsource3, and I didn't even buy it from them! Outstanding! All my purchases have been made there since and will be for a long time to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom