Question Have you (or anyone you know) ever seen a yoke regulator dislodged while diving?

Have you (or anyone you know) ever seen a yoke regulator dislodged while diving?

• Happened to me (while diving, reg pressurized)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Saw it happen (wile diving, reg pressurized)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Happened to me (unpressurized pony/stage, or at surface.. i.e. tank fell over)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Saw it happen (unpressurized pony/stage, or at surface.. i.e. tank fell over)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Heard about it second hand (describe conditions in comments)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Never seen it or heard of it happening (but have heard of the possibility).

Votes: 51 54.8%
  • Never even heard of the possiblity

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Heard about it second hand (unpressurized pony/stage, or at surface.. i.e. tank fell over)

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never seen a yoke reg dislodged first hand, but dealt with a hull cleaning crew that this was fairly common. All cases were at low preasure. I mean a fart left in the tank. Also common to have SW in their tanks and bent valves. They were VERY hard on their equipment due to the nature of the job. It didn't help that they were cheap. So equipment was trashed.

Like the op James, I dive vintage and modern equipment, so I have mix of A Clamp and DIN. I even make my own washer type oring for very old valves.
I use DIN for hunting /solo scenarios though. I change the 014 often when using yokes.
Just an average joe observation, I would think if it were a real problem, mfg's would have done away with them. Of course, in certain industries this is a joke.
The fate of the Scubapro MK VI comes to mind as far as being discontinued (pneumatic yoke). I have one and still use it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom