Hawaiian Airlines $100 charge to check scuba equipment on flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100 bucks? Sounds like something my Grandpa would call "Highway Robbery"! I'm noticing the ":Nickel and Dime you to death" approach almost everywhere these days. Not at Shaka Divers though.

Rest assured, it you find it "not economica"l to travel with your gear, most operators here in Hawaii provide gear that will do the trick. You may just have to reduce your load to bringing the basics.

Gee Iv'e been flying Hawaiian for years and have never paid any additional for scuba gear, and have had some delis meals to boot! In Fact for the last seven years Iv'e never had to pay for a ticket, thanks to Hawaiian miles Visa.

Sounds like you got on the wrong airplane! :wink:

On Hawaiian Air SF to Honolulu I've packed/checked in a alum 80 with the tank valve taken off in my large duffle bag on rollers, stuck a big handwritten sign that said "NOT Pressurized - tank valve OFF". Results? Got a TSA receipt in my bag that said they opened my bag but nothing else. Tried it again on the next trip with a Alum 63 and same results of success. If you check in a bare scuba tank/announce it, then you'll get charged extra.

My last round trip on Hawaiian Air in Sept-October 2012 gave us a free meal (2 choices), and an attendant served wine after dinner if you wanted it.

Just got back from hawaii. Checked several bags, two of which had dive gear. paid the customary interisland fee, but no special fee, to make my connections. All bags arrived on time and in the right place. Found Hawaiian Air to be very friendly and accomodating of several passengers.

Aloho Kakou...Flight 19 SMF to Lihue (LHU?) $25 charge for each bag you check on. You are allowed one carry on (25lb) a personal item like a backpack.
You will hear "Mahalo" at least 100 times. In fight meal for $14 was pulled-pork sandwich. We passed. In flight snack was tray of fruit, whole
wheat crackers, Piece of cheese from Oregon, 1/2 c OJ, and you can have coffee, tea, water or buy liquor. Service was excellent and what is
great is the Hawaiian vacation starts when you board the plane. The flight was rock solid and smooth. Mahalo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom