Hawaii's Horror--a photo essay of my sleepless night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoonWrasse:
If you cut up a flea collar and suck it up, it might help. That's what they suggest for curbing dust mites and fleas, as they can just get blown around the house by vacuming them up.

these guys would probably eat the flea collar and only get an upset stomach over it... Flea bombs don't kill them even... though they at least slow them down enough so a shoe (or even better a brick) can...

airsix:
Bee-keepers set the legs of their hive stands in can's of oil to keep crawly critters from climbing into the hives. You could do the same with the legs of your bedframe. Not the most elegant solution, but if I'm trying to ward off 10" centepedes elegant goes out the window real quick.

-Ben M.

hmmm maybe 5 gallon buckets... then again they do swim ... A sticky trap for rats under each bedpost would possibly work (though they too are not fool-proof) and often they get in beds when they drop from above (light fixtures etc.)

my bed has a fabric 'roof", from Bali. All those pesticides will give you cancer, you know.

kidspot:
hmmm maybe 5 gallon buckets... then again they do swim ... A sticky trap for rats under each bedpost would possibly work (though they too are not fool-proof) and often they get in beds when they drop from above (light fixtures etc.)
Sricky traps don't work well for rats - at best you'll just find rat bits there.
Rats are much smarter than mice - you'll generally have to work at catching them, establish a little trust before clipping them.

http://www.ratzapper.com/

Back
Top Bottom