Headed to Rawlings this weekend, got questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyways is there drinkable water down there or should we bring are own. Looking for water to cook with will go bottled for drinking.

Thanks

I didn't see any signs saying that the water was NOT potable, but my LDS told everyone in their last newsletter to bring water because there is no drinkable water on site.

I know they have a pump and hose drawing water from the quarry for the two open-air showers just up from the dock. I don't know the source for the bath house, but suspect it is the same. If it is, they treat the water to kill the zebra mussels, so I wouldn't drink it.

Well my trip down to the lake this past weekend was wonderful. I thank you all for your good information. We got down there and met Kevin, he got us all checked in on Friday afternoon. We went down and started setting up are test and he came down and let us know we were setting up in a bad spot. He gave us some direction and saved are whole camping trip. Every night we were there it Rained so hard I was thinking I should have had a boat. Many peoples tents flooded on Saturday night and one even collapsed on Friday night. Anyways it was quite a pleasant weekend with some diving even got in half of a dive in before a thunder storm rolled in while we were under. Cool to see but not so cool thinking about the conductor water is. Well I am looking forward to my trip next weekend for AOW, Now if I can only find a way to avoid that NOVA traffic.

What was the water temp? We are headed down this coming weekend and would like some idea of what to expect as far as water temps.

Thanks,

Jackie

Temps: My computer says the temps were 70ish on the surface and high 60's till about 20 foot. My wife's open water class did not even wear gloves. I did, but that's because I get cold in my hands and feet and then get unhappy. I did dive on the plane, and that's when it got cold, and where my computer differed from my buddies. My set up does not allow flowing water by the sensors so its very slow to show change. At the plane I was showing 55 and he was showing 48. There is a big difference there so I am not sure what to tell you.

As for the NOVA traffic. My buddy that lives not to far from me went up 301 on the way home. It took him 3.5hrs to get home with a sit down stop for lunch. So depending on how I feel I my leave Friday night to avoid a very long day on Saturday. but I think on Sunday I will drive 301 home.

Back
Top Bottom