Headed to T&C in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
In mid May I'll be on Provo (honeymoon) what dive sites would you recommend?? I would also like a list of places to eat?? TIA!!!!!!! :D

Ocean Vibes gets my vote! We were at Beaches (never do that unless you like millions of kids and snotty tourists fighting over beach chairs and patches of sand) Beaches couldn't get their boats out due to weather - couldn't bring them around through the reef and didn't have the foresight to anchor some on the lee side where the other dive operators are located. Wayne took us (me, wife and two kids) with two other couples and a single to West Caicos. Great dive and great wall. Throughly enjoyed it and would go back time and time again. The trip to west Caicos is a bit long - 45 minutes, but I think that was due to the rough weather - but it is definitely worth it. Have fun and try to get a little diving in!

I dove with Caicos Adventures in July and had a great time.

As far as places to eat, I kind of divide the places to eat into 2 categories – the resort areas have more elegant ambience, but you pay for the privilege. Then there are the local eateries, with more authentic Caribbean cuisine and much lower prices. In the first category:
Aqua – ***/$$$ - expensive, but we were able to save money by asking for the lunch menu – even at 6:00. Very good, nice Turtle Cove marina view.
Hemingways - **/$$$ - decent food, great Grace Bay views
Caicos Café - ***/$$$ - best food preparation of the expensive restaurants – outstanding Caicos shrimp (grilled), grilled snapper, veggies with each that had a delicious spicy sauce – but the tab was $140 for 3 of us (only ordered 1 beer with dinner too).
Tiki Hut - **/$$ - we went for the Wed Chicken and Rib special – good food, nice Turtle Cove view.
Shark Bite – **/$$ - Had a great lunch there – try the grouper sandwich done jerk style – yum! Lunch prices were reasonable.

In the hole-in-the-wall category:
Hole In The Wall - ***/$ - Outstanding jerk chicken and curried conch, accompanied by tasty beans and rice. Entries $10 or less.
Smokies - ***/$ - Local hangout in Blue Hills area – great fresh seafood – again, entries less than half the price of Grace Bay, but very well prepared.
Bugaloos - ***/$ - All conch, all the time – literally brought from the ocean to your plate - very nice!

Have fun!

dman:
Ocean Vibes gets my vote! We were at Beaches (never do that unless you like millions of kids and snotty tourists fighting over beach chairs and patches of sand) Beaches couldn't get their boats out due to weather - couldn't bring them around through the reef and didn't have the foresight to anchor some on the lee side where the other dive operators are located. Wayne took us (me, wife and two kids) with two other couples and a single to West Caicos. Great dive and great wall. Throughly enjoyed it and would go back time and time again. The trip to west Caicos is a bit long - 45 minutes, but I think that was due to the rough weather - but it is definitely worth it. Have fun and try to get a little diving in!
Dman,

Dove with Wayne many times. Great guy and operation.

Just curios on how old your kids were that you took with you. Going with the little one for the first time in July?

"Kids" were 15 and 20 at the time. The 15 year old has been diving sine he was 12 and the older one since he was 18. Beaches would be great for kids cuz they have a lot for them to do. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom