Heading off to basic training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what ARMY stands for, I was in the Navy.

Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

Actually the trick was to know when to volunteer and when to stay silent. When the little voice in your head (or urge) says 'step forward' then it is probably time. :D

Its funny.. 12 years ago I was in the same boat as you.. The memories that just came flooding back from what felt like another life.

Anyway, when times were tough, boring, lonely, frustrating, -you name it - something my drill sergent dad would say always seemed to click into my head:

"Suck it up, buttercup, this aint no cake walk.. one foot in front of the other and let everyone else follow the big red 1.. Oooah!" - yeah, he was an infantry brown around if you can't tell.

Amber, you'll do just fine at BMT. You've got the right attitude to see it for what it is and make the most of it. Live the moment for what it is and keep in mind every day that tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life! Have fun.. can't wait to read your first post afterwards.
C~

Amber:
I can't believe it, it seems only yesterday that I was joining the DEP program and now it's time to go to basic.

I leave tomorrow at around 1400 but I'll end up sitting around untill my plane leaves. My recruiter said I wont get to Ft. Jackson untill around 0100.

I'm actually looking forward to it. Most of the apprehension and nervousness that I felt is gone and now I'm excited. But I'm sure it will all come back when I get there :)

I will see you all in 9 weeks I guess. I'll kick butt, no question about that :D :crafty:

PFC Henderson
(I recieved my promotion...hooah!)

pipedope:
I don't know what ARMY stands for, I was in the Navy.

Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

Actually the trick was to know when to volunteer and when to stay silent. When the little voice in your head (or urge) says 'step forward' then it is probably time. :D
US. ARMY

Uncle
Sam
Ain't
Released
Me
Yet.

Best of luck and welcome to the ranks of America's elite. You are now a part of less then ONE percent of your fellow citizens who voulenteer to place themselves in harms way to defend freedom and the American way of life. My best wishes as you embark into what I hope is a long and rewarding career in the most honarable of professions.
SFC Sheehan

It's funny .. 36 years ago I was in the same boat as you!

The food is GREAT!!!!

Good luck to you.
I did mine in 1977.
Watch out for tricks.
Once they asked if anybody had a drivers license during our off time and several people got to drive a lawn mower.

sgtmnstr:
US. ARMY

Uncle
Sam
Ain't
Released
Me
Yet.

Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet = ARMY

mech:
Good luck to you.
I did mine in 1977.
Watch out for tricks.
Once they asked if anybody had a drivers license during our off time and several people got to drive a lawn mower.

never go looking for black star clusters, or go off to get a 100' of sky line, to get a 5 gal bucket of pneumatic fluid.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom