Heading to Cayman Brac - Oct. 18th-25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like we will be there the same week.
Let's meet at the bar for a cold one!:cool2:

We're heading to Cayman Brac & staying at Brac Reef Beach Resort ... only 10 days to go! :D We dived in LC this March, so I am excited to see what Brac is all about. Any last minute tips, must do's, must dives, or other recommendations?

This is my first thread to start on SB, so I am excited to read your responses and hope to get some good ones!

We've been thinking of making a trip to Brac Reef or LC. I'd be very curious to hear your comparison, about both diving and topside. Please post your thoughts when you return.

Of course, we had two or three days where we couldn't dive due to rough seas, so we just sat around eating and patronizing the bar.
DS

Out of curiosity, what time of year did you go that the seas were rough? I was just wondering if there is a specific time of year that the probability for rough seas is higher, excluding an obvious hurricane passing through.

Scuba Monster,

We were there in November, as I recall. The problem was that a hurricane (I can't remember if it was Mitch or Michelle, we caught the end of them both!) had just blown through the area. The waves were about 8 or 10 feet coming through the cut in the reef. It was spectacular and wonderful to see, but it really screwed up a few days worth of diving!

I can't really say if there is a smoother season, we've had great weather any time of the year, as well as some rough stuff.

Hopefully someone with more experience can help with a better answer.

DS

We've been thinking of making a trip to Brac Reef or LC. I'd be very curious to hear your comparison, about both diving and topside. Please post your thoughts when you return.

Looking foward to it ... I'll be sure to post a trip report.

Looking foward to it ... I'll be sure to post a trip report.

Please do, am looking at the BRBR as one of my sites to go for my 20th anniversary. Looks secluded enough for us and sounds like the right dive sites.

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom