Heads Up Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dropping off for a bit. We are on the phone. All family made it out okay. The property is another story. We are thankful that all our family is fine. Brick and mortar will be replaced, dive gear will be replaced and looks like we'll be getting that new boat sooner than I planned.

good to hear no casualty.

Dropping off for a bit. We are on the phone. All family made it out okay. The property is another story. We are thankful that all our family is fine. Brick and mortar will be replaced, dive gear will be replaced and looks like we'll be getting that new boat sooner than I planned.

Glad to hear everyone is okay JD. You're right, property can be replaced. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Take care.

The eye is right over us now, or possibly just off to one side. Some trees down and big winds and rain. Power went out at 4:35 AM, I was up because the winds were so strong and I pulled in the garden furniture and was checking the location of "Frank".

This really brought back memories. I spent 18 years living in Florida. I'm just happy that everyone here on the board is okay. It looks like there has been terrible loss of life there. The news reports coming out haven't been good.

Everyone please take care.

hope everyone's OK... Looks like it might just missed us if it doesn't veer at us at the last moment. T1 flag is up here in HK this morning...

nwp_0808.png

We got the living **** kicked out of us.......no power in Antique and Iloilo still. We are hoping that it gets restored within a few hours. Fuel is running low for generators.

This really brought back memories.

Everyone please take care.

Lucky for you, you just missed it. else all those warnings on PG and catching a flight after would be another memory or nightmare for you....

Lucky for you, you just missed it. else all those warnings on PG and catching a flight after would be another memory or nightmare for you....

Don't think I haven't thought about that already :shakehead:

Hi all,:shakehead:

spanish TVs are showing terrible images about the typhoon. I am happy to know that you, divers and your relatives are alright and saved life.
It is really a big disaster and there is nothing I can do but send my best to all people in PI and hope everything comes back to normal life in a short time.

got totally screwed by frank...

had to fly out to dumaguete saturday and flight after flight after flight to north negros/ panay were being held then cancelled...

they eventually cancelled the duma and tagbi (bohol) flights... chaos in the ticketing office as people tried to get rebookings or refunds

client said my group (me, PR rep and a press reporter) HAD TO TRY to get to dumaguete by any means necessary... we eventually squeezed onto a PAL flight to Cebu... and although the flight was a tad rough (passed out from waking up too early), final approach was smooth as silk - until we were a couple hundred feet off the ground! the plane started to bank sharply and you can feel teh pilot struggling for control... all the way 'til he (quite literally) banged the plane onto the ground... he earned his applause for sure that time... must've **** himself too...

we found out the fast ferry was shut down due to the storm and we then took a landtrip down to Bato and a ferry crossing to Tampi... then 20+ minutes to duma...

this was all at about 8pm... we didn't hear of the ferry sinking off cebu until the next morning...

sunday dumaguete was a great summer day (except for a brisk wind and you can see the current from the water's surface) but manila was taking it up the arse... we were lucky our afternoon flight pushed through but didn't find that out till the bloomin' plane landed!

glad all you guys are safe...

Jag

Ships can’t sail under signal No. 1 - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Ships can’t sail under signal No. 1
By Leila Salaverria
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 01:54:00 06/29/2008
THE PHILIPPINE COAST GUARD has issued interim guidelines prohibiting any shipping vessel, regardless of size, from sailing when storm signal No. 1 or higher has been raised at its point of origin, along its route or at its port of destination to prevent a repeat of the MV Princess of the Stars sea tragedy.
PCG commandant Vice Admiral Wilfredo Tamayo said the new guidelines took effect Friday and would be in place until new, more definite regulations were handed down.
“Whenever a storm signal is raised at the port of origin, along the route or its port of destination, a vessel is not allowed to set sail,” Tamayo said.
He said a ship would only be allowed to leave port after a storm signal is raised if the vessel is going to take shelter in a safer spot, but it should not have any cargo or passengers on board.
Under the July 2007 circular which was being followed prior to the issuance of the interim guidelines, the movement of any craft or vessel was left to the discretion of the owner after signal No. 1 had been hoisted at the vessel’s point of origin, route or destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom