Hear ye, Hear Ye... we some some promotions to announce!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently we have three levels of moderators.

Moderators: These are the backbone of our operation. They are responsible for the day to day running of the board. They have the ability to move/delete user posts as well as a host of other “powers”. They also have access to most of the board, and have their own headquarters. Some are voted in by the other mods, and some are appointed. All have a say in how we run this board.

Senior Moderators: These are the seasoned veterans of the group. Got a question? These are your best bet. They provide valuable direction for the Mod Squad not only by their example, but also by their input within the Mod Squad HQ. They have a few extra bells and whistles as far as seeing IPs and being able to see who is where. These are promoted by the Supervisors.

Supervisors: These are a few people who I have grown to rely on for their wisdom and ability to give me constructive criticism and in fact I first called them “Advisors”. Far from “Yes People”, they do not hesitate to tell me when I am W-A-Y off base. They are largely responsible for board policy decisions such as the TOS. They also have access to the administrative side of our board. BTW, these people are here at my discretion.

All of the moderators are here for one reason... to make this the best board on the internet. It's quite easy for a few to sling mud and arrows here, but I am appreciative of the commitment and HARD WORK they all do for free. I would be hard pressed to find as dedicated a group of volunteers as we have here. In our collective quests to be right or witty, it might behoove some to think of the feelings of others once in a while. They deserve your support and not your derision.

Thanks Pete.

Can you clear up one thing... when I report one of your posts it goes to all the mods, right? <ducks>

Back
Top Bottom