heard bad news while diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweenz:
he did a 100ft dive, came up threw a new tank on and within 15 minutes was back in the water, back down to 100ft, burned his air out then came right to the top.

Just "who" let him jump back in? I would say they are partly to blame. Also where was his buddy? Right there with him? Somethings fishy...

And they say dive computers are bad. Might have helped this guy make a wiser decision.

To be honest, that sounds like some of the stunts guys I know that spearfish pull off. It's not smart, but I've seen it. Also, no one said this was a commercial dive charter. It very well could have been a private boat. They have radios too, ya know.

Rachel

Peter_C:
Just "who" let him jump back in? I would say they are partly to blame.

Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with that concept. Each of us is responsible for our own actions. If we had been on the boat together and you wanted to immediately jump back in, I would advise against it, but I wouldn't "stop you" nor would I try. I wouldn't have the right.

like i said, im not sure if my details were exact, we were having a hard time hearing them, as was the coast guard, anyway its not really what i want to hear before a dive being a newbie and all. I think i was looking at my air every 5 seconds after that.

Does this dive sound familiar to anybody else other than me? There have been some posts here on scubaboard in recent months about doing the same kind of profiles.

Dive-aholic:
Being that stupid takes some talent!
Gotta be talented because you cant gain that level of stupidity from practice.

amascuba:
Does this dive sound familiar to anybody else other than me? There have been some posts here on scubaboard in recent months about doing the same kind of profiles.

This kind of profile could earn a guy a nickname, like....Gumby !

Carribeandiver:
Gotta be talented because you cant gain that level of stupidity from practice.
Gotta be talented because you cant gain that level of stupidity WITHOUT practice.

Gary D.

but if you practice that level of stupidity you might end up bent.... oh wait.

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom