Hello Everyone from Charleston, SC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Hey there.. I live here in Charleston but have never dived here. Been diving 70 times this year so far outside of the mainland. Good luck with your Open Water!! Let me know how your dives went.
Mike

mtiffee:
Hey there.. I live here in Charleston but have never dived here. Been diving 70 times this year so far outside of the mainland. Good luck with your Open Water!! Let me know how your dives went.
Mike

Hi Mike,
I am a little nervous to do my first open water dive in the next couple of weeks, but excited at the same time too!! Did you just move here? I love it here in Charleston. My Instructor said the water is really clear and the visibility is great, once you get out past all of the pluff mudd..Lol I will let you know how it goes. We do another confined water dive tomorrow night and then on Monday too. It was nice to hear from someone in Charleston!! LuAnn

Make sure you take some seasickness medicine. Even if you don't normally get sick, if you're nervous you might get some symptoms. Who are you diving with? I've lived here since 1996. It's way expensive here to go diving- twice what I pay to dive in the tropics.

Lulunew2scub:
I am so excited to start doing some of the different exercises in the water, but am a little worried about equalizing. My ears have always given my trouble in swimming and I hope I can equalize OK..Wish me luck!

Hi and welcome to the SB.

Hope you have a great time on your first OW dives. If you take your decents slow and easy you will be fine. If you have a problem just let your instructor know about it. Instructors like to know about problems, that way they can fix them.

:10:

Happy diving and welcome to the other 7/10ths of the planet.

Hi and Welcome to SC and SB! I'm just up state a bit from you in Columbia. Where will you be doing your open water dive?

Welcome to the sport and the board. This is a great place to ask questions and learn about diving from real divers.

Once you've finished your open water class, be sure to make time to come down to South Florida and dive in the warm, clear water. We have great boat dives, beach dives, and in the north/central part of the state, freshwater spring dives. You can read all about it in the Florida Conch Divers' forum here.

Keep us posted on your progress in the OW class. We'll be cheering you on.

Best of luck from an expatriate North Carolinian,
Grier

Welcome to the board! I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much about the skills. If you have a good instuctor and do what they say, you'll do fine. A lot of people psyche themselves out by worrying and when the time comes, they have trouble. Go slow, think, then do. Good luck.

Good advice. Just relax, follow your Instructor's direction, and enjoy yourself.

Good luck.
-Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom