Hello from B'ham, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Kevua! Good luck with your checkout dives! If you are looking for folks to dive with at Blue Water, let me know.

This weekend I went down to Vortex Springs and did my O/W dives. I had a blast although my first dive had an unexpected happening.

I was going through the fake cave and unfortunately somehow my air got partially turned off (Probably from being a newb and hitting the ceiling). I went through the dive wondering why my computer was acting up. That is until my tank hit the top again and it got turned off (I was at the entrance to the real cave at that moment). I ended up getting my buddy's OCTO and turned back on the air. My buddy at the time was one of the instructors so he was pretty pleased that I asked for air instead of grabbing. I probably could of just turned on the air without bothering him but at the time I didn't know or think the air could just be turned off like that.

The 2nd day(Today) we were suppose to go to the Jetties but unfortunately the current and waves were too bad, due to Ike I assume. We ended up going by Morrison but it was closed so spent today at Vortex also. I did my remaining 2 dives, got my temp card and spent 2 more tanks.

I made it a little ways down the real cave after I was certified but I realized if I want to go into cave diving I will need a much brighter flashlight.

Welcome aboard Kevua! Where did you skydive? Have you ever gone up to Cullman to jump? My best friend is getting into scuba diving for a similar reason. (Well, she broke her back after stalling her canopy and that got her looking around for other things to do.) Hopefully you'll love it as much as I think she's going to.

I used to go out to Carrollton, GA to jump, sometimes I jumped in Pell City but that was rare.

Kevua I just got certified in cavern/intro cave. It is a tough class and you learn the dangers involved in going in an overhead environment without the proper equipment and training. Please be careful and dive safely. :)

Hi, Kevua,

If you ever need someone to buddy with at ABWA, just let me know. I've got the..uh.."distinction" of being at ABWA so often that I practically live there (the only people there more frequently are employees LOL) and I'd be happy to meet up with you for a couple of dives.

If you feel like diving Vortex again, bigken462 and I will be there on the last weekend of September...PM me if that sounds like something you'd like to do :)

Back
Top Bottom