Hello from California! New on here :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MelinaT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

I'm originally from Canada, but i just recently moved to California on a military base to pursue my scuba diving career and work as a Divemaster. I totally love scuba diving, i was exited to hear about this site just because i figured this was the best spot to meet people just like me!! I'm still trying to figure out everything this site has to offer, so if anyone has any pointers on stuff i should know i'd love to hear them :)

I'm about 2hours from San Diego! I'm on the marine base in Twentynine Palms :)

Ah The Stumps, fond memories for me there :) Well if you are in San Diego you can usually find lots of us diving at La Jolla Shores and La Jolla Cove on any given weekend.

Check out meetup.com for some great groups, including my favorite, Power Scuba!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Melinda. There is a lot of great cold water diving in CA. I spent many years diving from San Louis Obispo to Stillwell, with a lot in Montery (Montery is beautiful, try to get there sometime). Of course you will want to find sites in the south. They are there I just did't get down there much. Enjoy!

I am assuming you are a veteran? I actually did join the power scuba meetup when I first got here :) ) I also work for the dive shop on base and we've actually been to la jolla a few times, it's so beautiful.

---------- Post added December 18th, 2015 at 01:12 PM ----------

I'll def check it out, it's always nice to go to new areas :) thanks for the pointers.

Welcome Melinda. There is a lot of great cold water diving in CA. I spent many years diving from San Louis Obispo to Stillwell, with a lot in Montery (Montery is beautiful, try to get there sometime). Of course you will want to find sites in the south. They are there I just did't get down there much. Enjoy!

When I dived Monterey with you, so long ago now, I thought of that as warm water diving!
Compared to ME and MA shore diving, or Lake George in NY, it was warm.
Since discovering a place called the Caribbean in the 90's, my concept of warm water has evolved a bit.

Still, diving the kelp forests off Monterey are a great memory, and someday I want to return.

When I dived Monterey with you, so long ago now, I thought of that as warm water diving!
Compared to ME and MA shore diving, or Lake George in NY, it was warm.
Since discovering a place called the Caribbean in the 90's, my concept of warm water has evolved a bit.

Still, diving the kelp forests off Monterey are a great memory, and someday I want to return.

Indeed, many years ago and many miles away. But fondly remembered. And for the record Montery beats the heck out of NJ diving. Thank God I also have the Caribbean just a quick flight away.

I'm pretty sure Camp Pendleton has a diving group too. Just North of there is good diving in Laguna and south is good diving in San Diego but the gems are the offshore Channel Islands imho.

Back
Top Bottom