Hello from Manta / Green Force

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theskull:
I now own and love the GreenForce Tristar LED cannister light. For cave diving it is at least the equal of a 10w HID in all areas
How can 3 1-watt LEDs be even close to the brightness of a 10-watt HID? Did you maybe get the 3-watt or 5-watt versions (Tristar Plus, Tristar 15)?

liberato:
How can 3 1-watt LEDs be even close to the brightness of a 10-watt HID? Did you maybe get the 3-watt or 5-watt versions (Tristar Plus, Tristar 15)?

Liberato,

Theskull is referring to the Tristar Plus. The Tristar plus has 3-3 watt LEDs. the equivalent watt output compared to a halogen is about 35 watts. It is almost as bright as the 10 watt HID. The main appeal is the durability and price and size. It replaces the Tri-star 15.

TRISTAR PLUS
5800 K
20°
NO of hours 100,000

theskull:
Thanks for your help! I now own and love the GreenForce Tristar LED cannister light. For cave diving it is at least the equal of a 10w HID in all areas--color, brightness, penetration, beam, and ability to signal. Plus it is economical, lightweight, and easy to handle. And the biggies--light head will last forever and is not at all fragile!

OK, I said what we agreed on, do I still have to pay for it? :wink: Only joking, of course. Another great Manta product, and the great service I have come to expect from Manta.

theskull

I told you would like it:D Glad we can accommodate! Safe Diving and Happy New Year
Greg

Welcome to the Board Manta, Love the GF light. I owned a Flexi II with HID Pro 50, 20 dives on it so far and very happy with it.

I have a Flexi II Umbilical with a Tristar 15 head on it and I love it, and my back up light is the Diamond Back up light, people do not believe how bright that little light is. Both great products.

Manta:
Theskull is referring to the Tristar Plus. The Tristar plus has 3-3 watt LEDs. the equivalent watt output compared to a halogen is about 35 watts. It is almost as bright as the 10 watt HID. The main appeal is the durability and price and size. It replaces the Tri-star 15.
OK, thanks, that makes more sense then. Your website could use some clarity on that because you only list the Tristar and the Tristar 15 LED heads. The Green Force website shows only the Tristar Plus and the Tristar 15 so it looks to me that the Tristar is what was replaced. Also, you should list the wattage of the LEDs in addition to the "wattage equivalent" or refer people to the Green Force website for actual specifications. Anyway, not trying to give you a hard time, just like things to be clear. I had some correspondence with one dealer who didn't quite grasp the "wattage equivalent" notion. I think the Tristar Plus is the breakthrough LED model (much more capacity than its predecessor without the bulk of the Tristar 15). That is the one I would get.

Again, sorry for hijacking your greeting. It is always great to have mfgrs and distributors on board!

liberato:
OK, thanks, that makes more sense then. Your website could use some clarity on that because you only list the Tristar and the Tristar 15 LED heads. The Green Force website shows only the Tristar Plus and the Tristar 15 so it looks to me that the Tristar is what was replaced. Also, you should list the wattage of the LEDs in addition to the "wattage equivalent" or refer people to the Green Force website for actual specifications. Anyway, not trying to give you a hard time, just like things to be clear. I had some correspondence with one dealer who didn't quite grasp the "wattage equivalent" notion. I think the Tristar Plus is the breakthrough LED model (much more capacity than its predecessor without the bulk of the Tristar 15). That is the one I would get.

Again, sorry for hijacking your greeting. It is always great to have mfgrs and distributors on board!

No Biggie Liberato. Always open to constructive criticism. I will bake the changes to the site (soon).

The new Tri-Star plus is real nice. I would like extend the same offer if you are interested in purchasing anything, 10% anything thru a dealer in our network.

Safe Diving – Greg

OliveBone:
I have a Flexi II Umbilical with a Tristar 15 head on it and I love it, and my back up light is the Diamond Back up light, people do not believe how bright that little light is. Both great products.

Thanks OliveBone :wink:

Hyper-limits:
Welcome to the Board Manta, Love the GF light. I owned a Flexi II with HID Pro 50, 20 dives on it so far and very happy with it.

Thanks Hyper-limits :wink:

theskull:
Another great Manta product, and the great service I have come to expect from Manta.
Great service comes mainly from resolving inevitable problems. In my recent experience they (Bob) professionally and proactively handled an order snafu such that it is not going to affect a dive vacation starting this week. One cannot ask for anything more in a vendor. Looking forward to the Tristar Plus...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom