Hello from NJ!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammy_Dives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello from NJ.

Happy New Year! I'm so excited to find this forum. So much great content and community here.
Getting back to diving after a 7 year hiatus. Bought all my gear again (wish I found this forum before) and completed 4 dives in December in the Bahamas with Stuart's Cove. I've since completed EFR and signed up for Rescue and Nitrox. Just looking to continue to learn and progress further.

Hello and welcome! Good on you for signing up for Nitrox and Rescue! I did the same after getting back into more serious diving (i.e. not once every 3-5 years during a trip to a tropical vacation) after an even longer hiatus (20 years). The Rescue course was definitely a very rewarding experience.
If you are doing your training with PADI, you can sign up for their club to take advantage of 20% discount on all e-learning. The first year club membership is free...
I am also a NE diver out of Queens. Are you planning to dive locally?

Just looking to continue to learn and progress further.

Works for scuba but also a good mantra to follow for life. Welcome to Thunderdome.

Welcome!
I'm in Essex and in a very similar situation to you. I got back into SCUBA last year and took Nitrox and AOW. I did a couple of NJ wreck dives, which convinced me that I need a dry suit, so I'm going to get my dry suit and rescue certifications this year.

Do you plan to do any diving locally? Wreck diving isn't great, but the shop I go through is really nice, and I've had a great experience (other than freezing to death in my wetsuit).

Nice! I finished the Dry Suit Diver e-learning part a few days ago. I have done a few wreck dives and found a wetsuit to be pretty miserable. I was very jealous of dry suite divers with their cozy undergarments on between dives while I had to struggle out of my wet wetsuit in the cold and rub myself dry. 😭
I found a nice dive shop in NYC (Capt Mike) to get me going again with several courses. Now that I'm pretty much done with the training I wanted, I joined the Big Apple Divers club.

Wreck diving isn't great...

Blasphemy I say!🙄🤣

Theres magic in them waters, lol

I wish I didn't live in a 4th floor walk-up and had a car, sometimes. It actually costs me more per dive to go local than if I hop down to Coz for three days of immersive diving.

I do love a good double entendre.

Welcome back into it and also to the SB from a native of Yonkers. I used t get down to NJ for some shore diving but there aren't many places and the traffic on the GSP.....

Hello and welcome! Good on you for signing up for Nitrox and Rescue! I did the same after getting back into more serious diving (i.e. not once every 3-5 years during a trip to a tropical vacation) after an even longer hiatus (20 years). The Rescue course was definitely a very rewarding experience.
If you are doing your training with PADI, you can sign up for their club to take advantage of 20% discount on all e-learning. The first year club membership is free...
I am also a NE diver out of Queens. Are you planning to dive locally?
Yes. Doing PADI rescue and Nitrox. Very excited. I'm originally from Brooklyn. Where do you dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom