Hello from Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all, Kenny here......I just learned about this place and thought I would check it out. I love diving, and when I'm not doing it ,I'm thinking about it, Reading about it, or dreaming about it. Been diving for almost five years, loved the Flower Gardens in the Gulf Of Mexico, But I love the local lakes and quarries just as much. The past year I have been trying my luck with photograpy. anyway , sorry for the long intro. Kenny:D

Welcome Kenny, Fresh water photography is not as easy as the sometimes clearer saltwater, but we're coming into the best season for photography in our lakes. Now that labor day is past, the lakes will begin clearing up with the reduced boat traffic. Tenkiller is a deep lake so it will hold the warm water longer than a shallow lake. So now through maybe November the water will remain warm enough for a 3 mil suit. I'm describing what has happened in past years, We're nearing an all time record rainfall, this year, so don't take this as a promise of what will happen this year. There are many rocky bluffs near the original river chanel, these will have the cleanest bottoms and best visibility. Take silhouette pictures from below divers will give you the best "normal" lens shots. . . with a wide angle lens you can do better. You can find local help on the board at. . . Travel... / United States. ../ Midwest Murk Divers. And for photography look for the photography sites Under the Forums. :D

:colouredsmilies: Welcome to ScubaBoard!!! :colouredsmilies:

I, too, am trying my hand at photography and in the N. California waters - it sure is a challenge!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom