Hello from the Middle East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebecca Hatherley

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I live in Qatar, in the Middle East, beside Saudi Arabia and Dubai. I am on the beach every Friday morning around 5 am, to beat the heat and prevent from being cooked alive--currently the temperature is hitting 47 C (117 F) daily. haahahaha

I teach diving (PADI) with a team of friends.

I have lived in Qatar for 12 years now, and I am just starting my 13th year living here. I teach math at a college, for our adult students in the Engineering/business/IT programs.

I am from the west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada--an island baby. :)

See you all around,

Rebecca

Welcome, neighbour!

Sounds like an interesting gig! A bit of a temperature swing though Vancouver to Qatar. :wink: Welcome!

Welcome! Those temps have nothing on August NYC subway platform heat :wink:

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I visited Qatar a few years ago but didn't dive there. Out here on Catalina Island the temperature hit 120° F a few weeks ago. Good thing I'm on an island two blocks from the ocean!

Now the question in your thread about traversing sand dunes with deflated tires makes sense.

Welcome!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida........that kind of temperatures make florida seem cold.

Now the question in your thread about traversing sand dunes with deflated tires makes sense.

Welcome!
We do this on the motorcycle too...40psi on asphalt...as low as 25 in mud/sand.....rear only!

On the track, both are lowered considerably.

We do this on the motorcycle too...40psi on asphalt...as low as 25 in mud/sand.....rear only!

On the track, both are lowered considerably.

I've seen it done on a beach, too.

Welcome to ScubaBoard a great community of excellent divers from all over the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom