Hello from Vancouver, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

August

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm from just outside of Vancouver, BC. I did my Open Water back in the summer of 2000. Unfortunately, I haven't done any diving since. Well that's about to change; I am doing my Advanced this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Cheers.

Welcome to the board my cold water neighbor, from New England USA. Have fun here and Dive Safe................

.... to the boards! Dive Safe!:)

Kayla:)

Welcome from a fellow Lower Mainland diver! Enjoy the board!

Thanks everyone... I'm so exicited to get going again. I started buying some personal gear (Aeris Max View mask, Aqua Lung Impulse Dry snorkle and pair of Mares Volos fins) and I rented a dry suit and misc. equipment for the course.

Good luck, in B.C, I just recently made a trip up to their
and noticed Vancouver island and I could just imagine diving
there, unfortunately I was there to go snowboarding at whistler!
anyways try and remember your safety and equipment checks and be smart !!

Aaron

I had my AOW pool session this evening. It was at an outdoor pool so the depth was only 12 feet. Took a minute or two to eventually equalize... probably cause I haven't done this for three years.

I also tried out the dry suit for the first time and what a difference it was. It's a little awkward at first controlling buoyancy with the dry suit but I started to get the hang of it. I did get a little bit of water seepage but probably because I was testing the limits of how much I could twist my neck.

All in all I had a good experience and I'm looking forward to the ocean dives this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom