Hello Grand Cayman 1-30 to 2-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4U

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello scuba board :wink: … I am a Florida Conch diver (scuba board sub forum) who will be in GC on Tuesday. :yelclap: I am staying on the West end and I have booked with Dive Tech.:14: I love wrecks and I am ADV OW and Nitrox certified. Tell me all you locals all the good stuff.:popcorn:
Kim P :blinking:
divergirl4u@yahoo.com

Well, here are a few must-do things:

the North Wall, of course, and DiveTech will take you there

the Wall on the Northeast end of the Island: Babylon, Anchor Point, etc.; plead with DiveTech or book with Ocean Frontiers

The Turtle Farm Reef, by day and, especially, by night - it's the best night dive, I think; check out the octopodes (plural of octopus - thanks to H2Andy for this reference)

Spanish Bay Reef - great shore dive in the West End

Every time I've called Spanish Bay to check on the conditions this time of year they have told me the conditions were not good (last week she told me they were "very, very, very, very, very, very bad"). I know it's great in August, but is it actually worth doing in January?

If so, Spanish Bay is an all inclusive resort and there is a $45 coupon for all you can eat, dive and drink in a day floating around the island.

<< she told me they were "very, very, very, very, very, very bad"). >>

Heh heh. Well, I guess that should be enough to discourage anyone. But there ARE winter days here with little or no wind when Sp. Bay Reef is a good dive. I did it a couple of weeks ago.

Alex777:
Well, here are a few must-do things:

the North Wall, of course, and DiveTech will take you there

Not neccessarily! Divetech (and most of the west side operators) will take you diving North when the weather permits but at this time of year that is infrequently.

We have been lucky with some spectacular dives on the North wall these last few days but it looks like things are turning back to normal next week with strong winds from the Northeast. This means diving on the west or south sides for a while.

If you are only here for a week there is no guarantee that conditions will permit any North wall dives.

CJ:(

South looks good for tomorrow - we are planning on diving Cardiac Tunnel followed by recompression at the adjacent new South Coast Bar in Breakers. (Se habla solamente espanol).

yes I am booked for a three day dive pkg with dive tech :14: ... I think I will dive with them every other day and shore dive the other days .... I am also booked for sting ray city ... that looks interesting :wink: ... Do you guys have a group that dives together? I would love to join for a shore with some locals (you guys know where all the good stuff is) :blinking: As far as food on the West end ... where would be the best place to have a nice dinner. Any good local hang outs that are reasonable?
Kim P :mooner:

Back
Top Bottom