Hello Grand Cayman 1-30 to 2-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO, both dives should be 60 min...period. I would still have 1/3 - 1/2 tank after 40 minutes (unless I spent the whole dive > 100'). Experienced divers won't tolerate it. I wouldn't dive with an op that used those profiles.

I know of dive ops in GC whose only restrictions are: No deco, 5 min. SS and surface w/ 500 PSI.

You think that 40 minutes is reasonable???

Dave

dbh:
IMHO, both dives should be 60 min...period. I would still have 1/3 - 1/2 tank after 40 minutes (unless I spent the whole dive > 100'). Experienced divers won't tolerate it. I wouldn't dive with an op that used those profiles.

I know of dive ops in GC whose only restrictions are: No deco, 5 min. SS and surface w/ 500 PSI.

You think that 40 minutes is reasonable???

Dave

For a no deco dive to 100' +, 40 minutes is "reasonable." Not ideal for every diver, but "reasonable" for most.

Which dive op here says you can stay down as long as you want provided you do a 5 min. SS and surface with 500 psi? Are you referring to DiveTech?

What a great vacation … I am home now.:( Sunburn, sore, and smiling I had to say a few words about the dive operation I was with last week::D
http://www.divetech.com/
Dive Tech Grand Cayman was top of the line, from the staff to the boats and the great locations they have. 3 day pkg $99 per day 2 tank boat am (North wall or other sites)….. all the free tanks you can dive for the rest of the day pm (including great night dives):eek:ctopus:
We did not want to do the hole resort thing due to $$$ So I found a guest house 1 bdr. 1 bath, full kitchen in the West Bay area of the island for $955 a week :monkeydan 345-926-0119 Rocky Shore Guest House, Chris and Trina where the perfect host :yinyang: and I would fully recommend them to any friend of mine. If any of you get that way tell them Kim Porter said hi.:blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom