Hello! Newbie wants to start training in NYC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One alternative if your living in Manhattan, the Hoboken dive shop may be closer(I know its in Jersey) than many of the shops in the city.

There's Scuba Network in 2 locations, 6th ave & 21st street, Lexington and E 55th street. There Leisure Pro in 6th Ave and 18th street right above Adorama. They say they do offer classes. There's also Cal Azzuzoni in Village Divers in the East Village, Pan-Aqua in in Midtown. I'm not sure if there are more, but they're the most popular. They all charge about the same. Yeah, it's the city, things are more expensive. Better get the academics here and then just take care of 4-5 dives on Vacation, which will make it all more fun. Good luck.

I used KC Divers, it's an awesome shop, a huge community supports it. You should definitely check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom