Hello to my buddy River Rat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay

Contributor
Reaction score
...And welcome to Scubaboard! :D

...So there I was, coming in from a rescue ("black box adrift with possible animal onboard" was uneventfully a piece of a floating dock) when Skipper - our rescue team's "head honcho" and overall great guy - mentioned to me, "Hey, ya ever heard of a website called "Scubaboard? I found it the other day, and it looks to be a great place..." :D

What a small world we live in!

I smiled and said, "Yep, it's my favorite place to be online." :D

...So please welcome River Rat, BWSAR's lead guy and diver of decades. The man's got tons to share, and lots of great knowledge which no doubt will serve this community well... From info about zero-vis fossil dives to rescue missions, this man's an fantastic asset to this community.

Great to have you onboard, Skip. :D

Thanx SeaJay....looks like a great place to hang out and talk "dive"!

Enjoy your time here.

Be careful hanging around with that SeaJay guy, he might just get you in trouble. :D

Searay--looks more like Sea-Trey--is that a picture of Ivrine?

Later~

JPBECK:
Searay--looks more like Sea-Trey--is that a picture of Ivrine?

Later~

Heh.

I'm flattered... I think. :D

I don't think I look that big in real life. Lol...

Skip, I saw the post by DocVikingo... He's really a great guy - not sure what exactly happened there. Seems like he kinda read you the riot act, but that might be a misread.

It seems to happen a good bit around here, to be honest. You know how it is... It can be tough to convey true meaning sometimes though words alone, without any facial expressions or body language. Seems like there was just a misunderstanding there. It'll happen again, too... I hope it doesn't bother you too badly. I can't count how many "flame wars" I've seen (or participated in), based on nothing but a misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Zendiver: I appreciate the welcome - yes, I intend to stay a while. :D It's not me that needs the welcome, though - it's my bud river rat - Skipper to those who know and love him. :D

Welcome, River Rat!

pipedope:
Enjoy your time here.

Be careful hanging around with that SeaJay guy, he might just get you in trouble. :D

Not a prob...got his number....all I have to do is wave at his lady to get her attention and point at SeaJay...after that he's road kill. Actually, he's a pretty good guy, we're building a dive team for a rescue squad and he's a hard worker, very dedicated to the effort...brings a lot to the team. But I agree, he ain't exactly right...anybody climbs comm towers for a living ain't clicking on all cylinders....

SeaJay, should I tell them about the "car in water" mission?

Back
Top Bottom