Help? affordable yet enjoyable dive resort for 10th anniversary trip!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone thanks for all your help and input. I would like to keep it around $3500 if possible due to our flights being so expensive. Though I know that might not be possible.

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 09:01 PM ----------

Hi everyone thank you for all your time and suggestions. We are looking at staying close to $3500 due to the cost of flying as well. Thanks again.

Aloha! I am organizing a trip to Roatan in August that could be a great option for your anniversary... $2,800 All-Inclusive Package: Round Trip Airfare (from your location) 7 Night Beach Front Resort Accommodation 3 Dives per day, plus a night dive 3 Meals per day Free drinks, alcoholic and non Mangrove Kayaking Resort amenities Complimentary Trip Planning and Organization TOTAL PACKAGE: $2,800 (Discounts available for dive professionals!) Call 808-329-6068 and ask for Kelly :) Or Email: club@bigislanddivers.com

$3500 each over and above airfare or $3500 each including airfare or $3500 all in not including airfare? :)

Oh and time of year you want to go . . . And why you want a dedicated dive resort vs staying in West End at accommodations of your choice and diving with op of your choice?

Did you look into Luna Beach Dive Resort at West End.

We stayed at Los Rocas two years ago and had a detached cabana with a private deck.......not secluded but not beside another deck, either. We didn't opt for the 3 meals a day plan but got breakfast every day. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby in West Bay and more in West End which is just a 10 minute water taxi ride away. The staff at Los Rocas were friendly and helpful. The dive shop onsite was good.....comparable to West End Divers, just a little smaller. If we wanted to dive we just walked over and signed up in the slots we wanted.....they do three dives a day with a night dive at least once a week. Equipment is what you would expect to rent.....nothing fabulous but all in workable condition. At the end they added up the number of dives we had done and applied the appropriate volume discount.....we didn't have to buy a dive package up front.

hi again. I will definitely consider the August trip but really need it to be more first of December (as the husband is going elk hunting in September). And $3500 ( for both) above the airfare.

---------- Post added May 12th, 2014 at 10:28 PM ----------

Also is the $2800 pp?

For $3500 you could find a house on Roatan. Probably with a cook/housekeeper included. Won't be over water though. I rented Sea Lodge from these people - not that it's optimum for you. http://www.roatanpropertymanagement.com/properties.htm

I think Anthony's Key is about your best option. It's more upscale than Cocoview. What you give up is the better shore diving at Cocoview. What you gain is seeing the dolphins every day and diving with them easily. You might also inquire about which cabanas these are and request one - I believe they're on the west side of the Key:

Capture.jpg
The above package is at Turquoise Bay Resort - I asked about it in their other thread. Price it - seems a little high to me - I'm getting about $1350 all-in for their dive package. I can get to Roatan for about $800 r/t additionally. Maybe not from Hawaii where the poster is. TB is not over water but they do have a nice little strip of beach.

Luna Beach also rents their Tropical Houses to couples. They're a few minutes walk uphill from the main resort but looked pretty nice.
http://www.lunabeachresort.com/lodging/tropical-houses/ Under $300 total per night but you'll have to alacarte meals and diving. 10 dives are $250/330 for Nitrox. I don't believe they serve dinner but you can walk/water taxi over to the West End. Most of our meals there were in the under $20 range.

Last edited:
Thanks diversteve for all of your input honestly we could probably save money by doing alot of the things separately but we sorta want to have it paid and booked before hand and not worry about anything but showing up to dive, eat and sleep!!!!!. Thanks so much for the dolphin pic my heart jumped. Gonna look at AKR again but are sorta leaning toward Laguna Beach on Utila. If anyone knows any pros or cons to Laguna please update me. Thanks

---------- Post added May 17th, 2014 at 07:46 PM ----------

Hi, I was just told by my wonderful husband that I have posted this request in the wrong thread!!!!!!! And he said to ask a moderator move the thread..... I'm a little confused with it all . So if someone does move it for me :D Pwease let me know where to find it before you move it. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom