Help..Board protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blinkey

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a new member...need some help on how to use all the functions..Is there a users manual available?

Welcome to the board. As Snowbear suggested, checkout the FAQ as a good starting point. There is a support forum to help you with issues. I'm sure any of the moderators can be of assistance. There are plenty of resources available to get you going.
you will find a lot of information and helpful folks here.
Enjoy,
Larry

Hi Blinky,

I am in the same boat - I'm a UK Instructor, stumbled across the board recently and look forward to joining in the discussions, however not being a techno whizz I am also a bit puzzled by some of the functions and protocols.

Can someone tell me how to change my user name - from my real name to my call sign name that I use over here in the UK?

Cheers

Mark

Mark Purkiss:
Hi Blinky,

I am in the same boat - I'm a UK Instructor, stumbled across the board recently and look forward to joining in the discussions, however not being a techno whizz I am also a bit puzzled by some of the functions and protocols.

Can someone tell me how to change my user name - from my real name to my call sign name that I use over here in the UK?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark, Haven't the faintest of how to change your user name....more than that I need real help on how to post correctly and how to answer...I'm not a techi either....So many buttons has me all confused.

Good luck and thanks for writing.

Blinkey

Blinkey,

You are doing great. You have started a thread and replied to some. That is the bulk of what there is to know. As far as knowing little features here and there there is no real users manual, but if you see a button you don't know what does try it and see. If you have specific questions post them in the Site Support Forum and someone will do their best to help (often times with some attempted humor thrown in as I am sure you have seen above.) :D

Chad

Mark Purkiss,

Users can not change their user names on their own. You would need to send a PM (Private Message) to Tech Admin or NetDoc or Post the request in Site Support and see if one of them can help you out.

Chad

Thanks for the Advice - I'll happy with the way things are, just have to get used to seeing my real name !!!!

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

I'm off in Cozumel this week :D tell you about it later...

don

Back
Top Bottom