Help Curt Bowen Conserve the Underwater Caves of Abaco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Click here to help the Abaco Blue Holes Conservation

Calling fellow cave divers and friends of underwater caves. The Bahamian Government has asked us to complete our proposal for the protection of 17 blue holes located here on Abaco Island. We have had a great deal of local support for creating a nine mile long Blue Holes Conservation Area on the southern part of the island which contain some of the most highly decorated underwater caves on earth. If you have dived these sites, or a cave diver that is concerned with the protection of underwater caves, or a concerned individual who believe the wonders of nature should be protected, Please complete and submit the above link form.

Sincerely

Curt Bowen

Bahamas Caves Research Foundation
www.bahamascaves.com

Abaco Blue Holes Conservation

If you have voted YES, Brian and I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete the simple form.

If you have not voted, please take the one minute of your time to help save a millennium of mother natures most wondrous works.

You do not need to be a cave diver, to help us save something astonishing.

Done.

I sure hope this protection does not prohibit or limit future cave diver access...:banned:

I'm not cave certified yet, but I will be one day and I hope to dive these holes.. I voted so all the best! Keep us updated on how we can help

One more vote here.

In my next vacation I'm going to take cavern and intro to cave course in Mexico.

Hope to be able to dive in Abaco in a near future.

Regards,
Andres

Who's to say this "protection" won't bar cave divers from these sites? I can think of quite a few places in FL where this is the case.

Who's to say this "protection" won't bar cave divers from these sites? I can think of quite a few places in FL where this is the case.

The protection policies are being written to protect the caves from surface pollution and heavy construction. (only within this small zone)
They are also being written to promote tourism and trained diver access.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom