Help!....dive problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not had the chance to dive since the incident, but hopefully soon. The results from the lab test came back wit nothing. I had been on antibiotics for 4 days, and was told that was probably why. Here are some of the steps I plan on taking to prevent a recurrence.

1. My boots were too big, I now have a pair that fit.
2. I plan on washing my feet immediatley after a dive (water, alchohol,.... something).
3. If it happens again, I will get a test before taking antibiotics.
4. I will monitor the local publicized water bacteria levels (I have seen some in the P'cola News Journal)

Thanks for all of the input.

Naw, they can keep those too :)

Maybe, maybe not. It could be a number of things, and its obviously not an ongoing problem as I've never heard of it occuring to anyone else and I live in the area.

Then you missed the series of public hearings over the past year where people were trying to get the sewage stopped because it's killing the reef, and the city wants to keep dumping.

Terry

I think what we all come away with is that the water, even though it can look clear, it isn't clean. Be aware of how you feel in the days after you dive, if you have blisters or cuts, keep an eye on them and get antiseptic on them immediately after your dives or between dive intervals. The newest forms of staf are even more aggressive and should be addressed immediately if redness, swelling, or a feeling of sickness appears. Keep iodine, antispetic, neosporine ointment, and antiseptic handwash in your bag. Especially on the boat when it can be hours before you are on dryland and can take care of your wounds. I am glad someone brought this thread up, we all learn from each others experiences, and we all want to dive another day!

Happy and safe diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

ps Denise, tx for the info on that sewer pipe. Hmmm connect the dots and find the answer...I am diving Boynton Beach Sunday, let's hope we can keep it clean. :D

I finally got back in the water Saturday night at O.B. Pass. It was a short and shallow dive, but a fun one. So far I am fine. I have new boots (Nice Pinnacles from Deep South Divers) and poured rubbing alchohol on my feet afterwards. Hopefully this probem is a thing of the past!

I would honestly think so.. hope to see ya out there some day, I 'll keep ya away from the poo in the water :D.

Then you missed the series of public hearings over the past year where people were trying to get the sewage stopped because it's killing the reef, and the city wants to keep dumping.

Terry

I missed it because its a completely different area of the Gulf. Delray's problems aren't Orange Beach's problems. Feel free not to dive in the Gulf, but your wealth of information isn't exactly applying here :lotsalove:

I missed it because its a completely different area of the Gulf. Delray's problems aren't Orange Beach's problems. Feel free not to dive in the Gulf, but your wealth of information isn't exactly applying here :lotsalove:

The EPA has different thoughts on the matter. The brown stuff being dumped out into the gulf doesn't come from the Hershey factory.

Terry

The OPs problem could be caused from any number things . If you really want pscho analize things every body of water has its far share of polution. From the Great Lakes to the Gulf.....But I love where I live and I love diving in the Gulf.

Sorry to tell you but it seems the only way to get rid of it is with a hacksaw. Just above the ankle will do nicely. Sorry for that. I'm on my feet 10-12 hours a day on concrete in steel toes. I've had athlete's foot so bad they cracked and bled. Best thing is to somehow keep them dry whenever possible and use the best thing I've found when doing so to moisturize them. Gold Bond Medicated Foot Cream. I don't know if it will help the infection but the menthol may cool and soothe it to relieve some of the discomfort.

The EPA has different thoughts on the matter. The brown stuff being dumped out into the gulf doesn't come from the Hershey factory.

Terry

Surely very important for Delray to know, but issues here aren't similar. Delray is not Orange Beach, infact the two towns are quite far off from each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom