Help finding amazing budget backpacker dive sites in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to the Philippines three times, 14 weeks total time. NOT ENOUGH TIME! You have 2 months, no need to go to Indonesia. Stay in the Philippines.
Two months in Puerto Galera or Panglao Is would be wonderful! :D:D If you contact a dive shop, they could help arrange monthly accomodations,. Monthly could be as low as $210
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!

w/C is the best link or general P I dive sites web address to give to foreigners during diveshows. short and easy to write and remember. thanks.

ok the place in Sabang for 600/night is Sabang Inn
I guess you can find cheper il post later

and in malapascua its call BB's 300-400
QUOTE]

I might be staying at BB's myself in March. I hear they are repairing the Kuan Bar (Wobbly Boot Resort) bungalows and I know they had some backpacker accomodation with a shared restroom/shower.

Apo Island would be good as well. You could dive with Paul's diving which is with Liberty Lodge - they have many grades of accomodation or I have heard of people staying with a village family which would really cut your expenses.

camiguin is a very nice place with good diving. good cheap place to
stay is jasmins by the sea . local people very friendly

depending on the kind of nightlife you want, but is there really that much nightlife in Sabang when you take out one specific ???
I would recommend the visayas as you can hopp to the next Island in an hour or two and find the next great place to stay.
Sure that I say go to Dumaguete first... hehe. you can get even a simple hotelroom for about 6000 Peso a month and don't need to care about the mess you left, when you come back from diving it's cleaned up... hehe. That in combination w/ good food, some decent hang outs w/ good live-bands and cheap beer :cheers: ... unbeatable :kicknut: .
From there you have all options for some days Apo Island, Moalboal, Siquijor,Panglao Malapascua...

Back
Top Bottom